Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax return to CRO withut accountant

Options
  • 14-04-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Can a tax return to the CRO be done without an accountant? ie. can I just do it myself?
    It will be a very simple return, and I could do it myself easily, but something put it in my head that it has to be submitted by a proper accountant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It certainly can be done but it can take time to do if you aren't familiar with the process but as long as you are organised and keep books well no reason why you can't. Once your revenue is as a certain level it often works cheaper to hire an accountant than do it yourself they can save you a lot of money and obviously save you a lot of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You need to straighten out your understanding of the filings required.

1. You have to file with Revenue.

2. You have to file with CRO.

These are two separate requirements in relation to separate organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Can a tax return to the CRO be done without an accountant? ie. can I just do it myself?
    It will be a very simple return, and I could do it myself easily, but something put it in my head that it has to be submitted by a proper accountant?

If you think your tax return goes to the CRO I would advise you to use an accountant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

In fairness I wonder if the OP is about the abbreviated accounts to be attached in the Annual Return CRO filing?

Advertisement