Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for a deposit to go through using a lodgement ATM?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I often use a lodgement ATM to deposit money when I wish to use my debit card online but sometimes it takes a very long time for me to be able to use my card. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Cash lodgements usually reflected on my balance within 5 or 10 minutes. Cheques the sane though they withold funds for 5 full working days. That annoys the fluich out of me. Money in account... Can't use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Why on earth a cheque can't be cleared in 24hrs in this day and age beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

It seems simple to me. Cheque lodged. Bank requests funds, puts funds in your account. Cheque bounces, they remove the funds lodged. What's so hard about it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi All, 

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us here on Boards.ie. 

We have addressed this question on a previous thread which you can find here

Just to mention, cash lodgements will reflect on your account immediately.

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement