Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Sheep 2015

Options
  • 14-04-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

So who'll be signing up for this tomorrow morning?

I'll hopefully get in.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Yup. For some reason thought it was May 1st for opening. someone mentioned it to me this evening it was opening in the morning so had to check. morning now rearranged to get me to a computer for 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

This is gonna be tough to get into .....

was fine if you got at it first thing anyway, i'm in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

I'm in as well , cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

daveconn10 wrote: »
    Hi Guys. Do you have to be a TI member to enter as it keeps sending me to the member renewal page. I have purchased a ODL for the race but cant buy the entry!!

Could be sold out already?? ODL should do!

I'm in for what its worth anyway

• Advertisement

Trig1 wrote: »
    Could be sold out already?? ODL should do!

I'm in for what its worth anyway

you might bring money for coffee this year...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

I have also registered. really looking forward to it. First Half!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

sold out by 9.30!..

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

I'm In

now i need to find a Good Half Iron man Training Plan

Just hope the Goodie bag will be better then what i go last year in the KOH..
    a T-shirt looking like i was wearing the colours of Waterford...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

I'm in as well.

Looking forward to it after missing it last year through injury.

• Advertisement

I'm In

now i need to find a Good Half Iron man Training Plan

Just hope the Goodie bag will be better then what i go last year in the KOH..
    a T-shirt looking like i was wearing the colours of Waterford...

If you find a good one will you post a link to it here if its online.

The Tri Ireland magazine have a training plan for the IM70.3, Any opinions on it?

podgec10 wrote: »
    If you find a good one will you post a link to it here if its online.

The Tri Ireland magazine have a training plan for the IM70.3, Any opinions on it?

The two i am thinking of using are

http://www.balancetriclub.org.au/images/Balance-Half-Ironman-Training-Program.pdf

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2010/09/08/simple-16week-ironman-703-training-plan

or these
    http://mos.triradar.com/Training_Plans/Your_Best_Ever_703.pdf

http://www.amateurendurance.com/training-programs/article/half-ironman-training-16-wk

My Goal is sub 6hour

35min for the Swim currently my PB is 35 for a 2km swim

looking at around

3hr - 3hr 30 Bike which would be an Avg Speed 25 kmh - 30kmh

and Run im looking at
    1hr 40 - 1hr 50 going to try and keep 8:30 per mile if i can or start off with 9min mile just to losen out the legs and then if i feel good after mile 3 up the pace to 8:30

Going to Start my Bricks... with 2hr bike 15 - 20 min Run

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

The two i am thinking of using are

http://www.balancetriclub.org.au/images/Balance-Half-Ironman-Training-Program.pdf

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2010/09/08/simple-16week-ironman-703-training-plan

or these
    http://mos.triradar.com/Training_Plans/Your_Best_Ever_703.pdf

http://www.amateurendurance.com/training-programs/article/half-ironman-training-16-wk

My Goal is sub 6hour

looking at around

and Run im looking at
    1hr 40 - 1hr 50 going to try and keep 8:30 per mile if i can or start off with 9min mile just to losen out the legs and then if i feel good after mile 3 up the pace to 8:30

Going to Start my Bricks... with 2hr bike 15 - 20 min Run

Surprised at the goal race pace on the bike

i can cycle 90km + no problem at around avg of 35km per hour

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94709462&postcount=15

tunney wrote: »

i would go hard on the bike. and suffer on the run and a 10km run after a bike ride is not to bad but 20km +

i dont want to over do it i'll do brick every saturday and see how i get on with them

i would go hard on the bike. and suffer on the run and a 10km run after a bike ride is not to bad but 20km +

i dont want to over do it i'll do brick every saturday and see how i get on with them

So you can ride at 35kph for over 90km but on race day are choosing to ride at 25kph because of the longer run?

So you can ride at 35kph for over 90km but on race day are choosing to ride at 25kph because of the longer run?

Im a Weak Runner as stated in a past post,

why i join my Local AC club as they do 4 Running Session a week,

where i would be paying 60 euro for my Local Tri Club that really only have 2 meet up a week that is inc in the price, that is a Track Session and a Cycle over the Weekend

Were by paying 60euro a Year for my Local AC club i am gettin Tempo / Core Session, Track Session and one Mid week lite run and a 10 - 12 miler on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

go on dave you are on a row , we need a board hunt, because somebody made a small error in estimating their race time , and maybe it could end up similar like the story bellow

( i warn everybody do not start to read the thread ,)

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._latest_reply;so=ASC

T3 Cliff notes:
    1. Aug 7-17 posts #1-75 Cute tri girl (pics since deleted) training for Ironman, breaks up with BF and is depressed, seeks advice/comfort from Slowtwitch
    2. Receives lots of attention/positive reinforcement Very uplifting.
    3. Nov 2 posts #76-95 iJen0311 updates day before IM Florida…got hit by car, but is OK, has a new BF
    4. Nov 5- posts #97-105 Brags about IM finish and new BF
    6. Nov7 post #106 new slowtwitcher (? Ex BF) calls her out for cutting swim and run
    7. Nov 7- posts #107-140 slowtwitch “wolves” descend
    8. Nov 8 Post #141-251 iJen responds, claims innocence. Provides good evidence that timing is wrong. She presents her Garmin data. Many believe her, others still doubt
    9. Nov 8- posts #252-270 (see post #253) Sportsstats guys respond, impossible that she completed whole distance. DISQUALIFIED! iJen continues to claim innocence at least until post #321
    10. Nov 8 post #411 post closed and locked for eternity
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

peter kern wrote: »

( i warn everybody do not start to read the thread ,)

I am so glad work blocks a lot of the sport related pages..otherwise I would have read it from beginning to end!!

why i join my Local AC club as they do 4 Running Session a week,

where i would be paying 60 euro for my Local Tri Club that really only have 2 meet up a week that is inc in the price, that is a Track Session and a Cycle over the Weekend

Were by paying 60euro a Year for my Local AC club i am gettin Tempo / Core Session, Track Session and one Mid week lite run and a 10 - 12 miler on the weekends.

My head *really* hurts trying to grasp the relevance of this reply to my question. I think the only solution is the ignores list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Do be putting yourself down niamh. I was reading your log over in the running forum. You are aiming to run 1:20 in the Limerick half in a few weeks time. That's hardly a weak runner!

• Advertisement

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Do be putting yourself down niamh. I was reading your log over in the running forum. You are aiming to run 1:20 in the Limerick half in a few weeks time. That's hardly a weak runner!

Currently im stuck in the Gym doing Spinning as my bike needs a new chain and cassette, i might just get out over the weekend with it as is,

last road cycle i did was back in Jan 25
    Time: 1:52:33 Moving Time: 1:51:45 Elapsed Time: 1:54:13 Avg Speed: 16.6 mph Avg Moving Speed: 16.7 mph Max Speed: 41.0 mph Speed
    Pace

Elevation
    Elevation Gain: 1,079 ft Elevation Loss: 1,086 ft Min Elevation: 16 ft Max Elevation: 460 ft

So i need to get into gear and try and get out alest twice a week, with one spinning class or Wattbike session..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Niamh, what sort of times do you do on the bike in olympics and sprints and what do you run off it? If you can ride for 35kph I don't understand any logic with dropping it by 5/10kph because of the longer run? You're doing long runs now - I don't understand your logic for dropping the pace on the bike so much to handle longer run?

Niamh, what sort of times do you do on the bike in olympics and sprints and what do you run off it? If you can ride for 35kph I don't understand any logic with dropping it by 5/10kph because of the longer run? You're doing long runs now - I don't understand your logic for dropping the pace on the bike so much to handle longer run?

Its my First Half so i dont know what to expect..

bo peep my Times for Last year were 01:34 min with that is inc coming off bike.. my run was 59..

Limerick was 01:11:52 on the bike and 58 on the run

My Goal is sub 6hour

looking at around

and Run im looking at

Going to Start my Bricks... with 2hr bike 15 - 20 min Run[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I must take a good look through these. no weekday am training for me!

30km/hr will get you faster than a 3 hour. it's 85km.

however, it's hilly. avg speeds tough to push up

I'm not sure what happened in my last post.
    I was trying to say thanks for posting the links to training plans. They will be useful.

podgec10 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what happened in my last post.
    I was trying to say thanks for posting the links to training plans. They will be useful.

No hassle I'm going to follow the 16 week program as it's something similiar to what I'm doing already with a run on Sundays and cycle on a Saturday..

I dont have time to get out and do a long run midweek

I'll do my ow swim as a recovery session on Monday evenings with a strength session in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Niamh...what was your last olympic time.? and when was the race?

Niamh...what was your last olympic time.? and when was the race?

Niamh's real name is, as far as can be told, not Niamh. They and I may share a few things in common, at least two anyways.

• Advertisement

Niamh's real name is, as far as can be told, not Niamh. They and I may share a few things in common, at least two anyways.

And Im sure Tunney is not your real name,

Since thats out of the water could we get back to the point of the Lost Sheep..

Advertisement