Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Sheep 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

And Im sure Tunney is not your real name,

Yep, it's actually Bret Sutton but don't tell anyone!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056716159

The charter. In particular point 8. For the person who has reported a post from this thread (and it wasn't any of the main protagonists).

That being said I think the point has been made at this stage and we're going off topic.

And for What it's worth, I'm entered too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

BTH wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056716159

The charter. In particular point 8. For the person who has reported a post from this thread (and it wasn't any of the main protagonists).

That being said I think the point has been made at this stage and we're going off topic.

U going to do some training this year for it? :pac:

U going to do some training this year for it? :pac:

Hopefully. little fella is eight weeks old today. How long before he can look after himself ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hopefully. little fella is eight weeks old today. How long before he can look after himself ??

You mean he's not already?

thinking of this actually...I wouldn't need to train between Austria and this would I?

• Advertisement

How old are you and are you able to look after yourself? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

And Im sure Tunney is not your real name,

Since thats out of the water could we get back to the point of the Lost Sheep..

You are right my real name is not Tunney. It is David. Coincidence or what??

You will be slap bang right in the middle of teething. HAHA

Unfortunately had promised the wife that I would not do a long distance or middle distance race this year, love the course and of course Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

tunney wrote: »
    You are right my real name is not Tunney. It is David. Coincidence or what??

Hi David,

There appears to be an account on twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/davetunney) that not only goes by the name Tunney but also your own name David as well. Could this also be a coincidence or part of some sort of conspiracy?

Kind regards,
    Concerned Boardsie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

up for a warm up day before again this year so? :)

tunney wrote: »
    and of course Jam.

post race stop of choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hi David,

There appears to be an account on twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/davetunney) that not only goes by the name Tunney but also your own name David as well. Could this also be a coincidence or part of some sort of conspiracy?

Kind regards,
    Concerned Boardsie

Absolutely no idea what this has to do with lost sheep...

Yes my name is David Tunney. Some people call me Dave.

I don't hide behind an alias or a false name, or indeed misrepresent my gender.

Think it's that time....

Kit-Kat-shape-trademark-win-in-South-Africa-defeat-in-Singapore_strict_xxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

true, otherwise soon people will call into each otheres office....
    AKW wrote: »
    Think it's that time....

Kit-Kat-shape-trademark-win-in-South-Africa-defeat-in-Singapore_strict_xxl.jpg

mossym wrote: »
    up for a warm up day before again this year so? :)

I doubt it unfortunately. I'll be lucky to get out of work on time on Friday, no chance of the day of. You might have to pick up my number and chip for me :)

First week of every month will be the same story.

a gentle reminder of the boards wide rule about revealing the real life identity of other boards users. Tunney is well known here so nothing new was revealed, but at the same time others are not allowed to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Maybe the mods could rename this thread as its totally misleading:rolleyes:

You might have to pick up my number and chip for me :)

no problem.

chip time is your race time right? better make sure i give you the right one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

No hassle I'm going to follow the 16 week program as it's something similiar to what I'm doing already with a run on Sundays and cycle on a Saturday..

I dont have time to get out and do a long run midweek

I'll do my ow swim as a recovery session on Monday evenings with a strength session in the morning

I making an attempt at my first marathon in Killarney marathon of the lakes on May 16th so I wont be able to get stuck into tri training until after that, prob well into June really before brick sessions start. I hope to be able to swim (open water) and do a little biking soon after the marathon but i'll see how things go.

Good luck with the training, we could be very close to eachother on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Are you saying Niamh is not actually female? :confused:

Sorry dude, I've been addressing you as I would a female for as long as you popped up here, apologies :frown:

If 35kph is your max all-out 3 hour speed then it seems prudent to back off this a little to save something for the 21K run. Whether that's back to 25kph or somewhere in the middle only you can really say, but I recognise the desire to keep some energy and mechanical ability for the run, you could easily cook out on the bike without a sensible and well-rehearsed bike plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Am trying to decide whether to do this or Challenge Galway given that Dublin 70.3 doesn't look like going ahead.

All feedback seems positive on Lost Sheep.

Is there a technical tshirt and finishers medal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

Good race, nice swim, v long transition, lovely cycle with two hills (healy & caha), rolling run with steep hill around 16k iirc), nice long sleeve technical top 2014, not sure about last year.
    Latest rumours are Dublin will go ahead, with news due this month.
    Decisions, decisions, not sure which one to do myself???

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

niallo32 wrote: »
    Am trying to decide whether to do this or Challenge Galway given that Dublin 70.3 doesn't look like going ahead.

All feedback seems positive on Lost Sheep.

Is there a technical tshirt and finishers medal?

Quality race. Only a few hundred in it and it sells out. No finisher medal last year and you got a ruck sack at registration. Tends to be something different but good each year.

Well worth doing. Tough race though so prepare well.

Mr Tango wrote: »
    Quality race. Only a few hundred in it and it sells out. No finisher medal last year and you got a ruck sack at registration. Tends to be something different but good each year.

Well worth doing. Tough race though so prepare well.

Sounds good cheers, I'll be ready that morning to register.

Without having done any course analysis, I'd imagine the cycle route has a few hills.

What about the run, is that flat?

niallo32 wrote: »
    Sounds good cheers, I'll be ready that morning to register.

Without having done any course analysis, I'd imagine the cycle route has a few hills.

What about the run, is that flat?

Best HIM in the country IMHO, but it's also the only one that I've done, none of the rest of them appeal to me though. Lost sheep is a must do every year for me

Two years ago they have out a long sleeve tech top and shoe covers. Last year was a rucksack and a buff.

Two big climbs on the bike. Run is very lumpy with a major climb at 18/19km in.

If you want the medal,do galway. If you want to race one of the top races in the country head for kenmare.

mossym wrote: »
    Best HIM in the country IMHO, but it's also the only one that I've done, none of the rest of them appeal to me though. Lost sheep is a must do every year for me

Two years ago they have out a long sleeve tech top and shoe covers. Last year was a rucksack and a buff.

Two big climbs on the bike. Run is very lumpy with a major climb at 18/19km in.

If you want the medal,do galway. If you want to race one of the top races in the country head for kenmare.

Sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

When does this go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

JEmily wrote: »
    When does this go on sale?

I think it was one day in April and one day in May last year, usually sells out within a couple of hours of opening both times.

Advertisement