Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full bathroom renovation

Options
  • 14-04-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Full renovation of a bathroom, 2.65 x 2.25 x 2.50.

Tile floor and walls.
    Plaster and paint ceiling.
    Fit bath, pedestal, toilet and towel heater.
    Replace radiator.

Photos here: http:// goo.gl/K4qjRP

What would approx. labor (no equipment) cost would be for this kind of job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Hard to say, because tiling can be different for different tiles. I will recommend waterproofing as well.
    Just a labour can cost around 2.5 - 3k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

I'd agree id have said 2-3k but you wont know for sure til you ring around. you can bet your life you will get a wide swing in quotes.

Also... What country is this bathroom in? I do believe thats a B-Day in the pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rojer

thanks for the info guys.

Jimmy_M, yeah, would you believe it? this is co. Wicklow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

I can't seethe pics -snip-

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rojer

i'm a "new" user so i can't post clicky links or attach pics to posts directly.
    take this and paste it into you browser's location bar: goo.gl/K4qjRP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

This is a relatively small room
    2-3k labour is way over the odds
    I had a bathroom that was maybe x3 this, I paid about 2k fully tiled porcelain walls/floor.. Instalation of bath/toilet/electric shower
    buying the materials separate then approaching installers is always the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I thought removing old tiles adds substantially to the cost? I'm looking to get old tiles removed but I think the wall behind them is plasterboard and so the plasterboard will have to be taken away too, as hacking at the tiles will damage it. Is this the case, or am I wrong?

Also, I thought my plumber can get a discount on bathroom suites and so it's cheaper for him to buy it, than for me to buy it. I can pick out the style I want and he'll buy them, and so I end up paying an all-in price. Again, do I have the right idea here or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

I thought removing old tiles adds substantially to the cost? I'm looking to get old tiles removed but I think the wall behind them is plasterboard and so the plasterboard will have to be taken away too, as hacking at the tiles will damage it. Is this the case, or am I wrong?

Also, I thought my plumber can get a discount on bathroom suites and so it's cheaper for him to buy it, than for me to buy it. I can pick out the style I want and he'll buy them, and so I end up paying an all-in price. Again, do I have the right idea here or no?

If your plaster is ancient it'll all get stripped to the blocks in most parts..it'll be tapped on to see its integrity
    some may come off some may stay on,,damp areas will fall off all depends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Bathroom suites are super cheap anyway. Go to Chadwicks plumbing and you are talking about 150 for a toilet and sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭greasepalm

thinking of getting mine done also but will go for multipanel instead maybe all wall and ceilings.

http://www.multipanel.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

What about tanking? To make sure there will be no leaks after job is done??? Now days we always tank the bathrooms, in Germany it's mandatory to have bathrooms tanked otherwise insurance will not cover the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

What about tanking? To make sure there will be no leaks after job is done??? Now days we always tank the bathrooms, in Germany it's mandatory to have bathrooms tanked otherwise insurance will not cover the damage.

Can you recommend and particular tanking products for bathrooms. By PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

currently looking at my own ensuite and I have costed options for a complete change from €5k to over €10k depending on tile choice and sanitary ware. When it comes to bathrooms the cost is all in the material choice so you really need to set a budget and work back from there. Allowing your eyes to choose in a showroom will kill your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭greasepalm

how do they compare price wise with others ?

http://ie.bathrooms.com/showers/shower-heads/

Advertisement