Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Tab Reset?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,
    My daughter changed her pin to her Go Tab and now, naturally, can't remember it.
    Is there anyway that we can access it, even to basic factory default?
    Any help welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

After entering the pin incorrectly a couple of times the option to login via her GMail account should be available.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Nick,
    Thanks for reply.
    I set up her gmail account when she got it but it is not recognizing it (gmail) now for some reason. She said she changed the access to "face recognition":confused: but when she tried to get back in to test it, this is when it all went pear shaped..

Thanks again. Any further help really welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

yoyo wrote: »
    After entering the pin incorrectly a couple of times the option to login via her GMail account should be available.

Nick

Is that a general Android thing (and is it version dependent?), or specific to that tablet? I know someone with a similar problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Is that a general Android thing (and is it version dependent?), or specific to that tablet? I know someone with a similar problem.

With Android it's very hard to know, but for passlock security it should be possible. See Googles official explanation: here

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Sorted this problem eventually.
    Full Factory Reset.

1: Press Vol+ and power button for few seconds and android icon appears.
    2: Scroll down with Vol button to select "Wipe data/factory reset"
    3: Wipe data/factory reset
    4: "Yes -- delete all user data"
    5: "Data wipe complete" and then, choose the option "reboot system now". Wait for the device to reboot, and you will be able to access it again.

Very grateful to have the system back, even without personal content, but does this not render the security aspects any device useless for any scumbag that wants to nick a more expensive device and sell on? Considering that I, the most useless Tech Head on the planet, could re-access my device and fix my problem. Just a thought...

• Advertisement
Advertisement