Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europe Inter-Railing

• 14-04-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey

I am 26 and going inter railing in July with 3 of my friends for two weeks . We are leaving from Edinburgh .

Because I am over 25 the inter rail passes are much more expensive for me to buy before hand . Can anyone who has gone inter railing before advise if I am better off to buy the pass or just buy the train tickets as I go?

Can u also advise the best places to visit as two weeks is a short time and we would like to go to maybe Paris but def Kraków , Amsterdam ,Berlin , Budapest and Prague . Anyone have any good info on best destinations for us ? We would like sight seeing but also somewhere lively with good nightlife....

Thanks ... L :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

till a few years back there was very little in advance bookers fares available (pre internet and all that) so the interrail pass was your best option cost wise.
    Now its cheaper to buy point to point tickets (if you get the best prices by booking in advance and avoiding peak friday/ sunday trains) but they are for fixed trains and dates whereas the pass is a flexible ticket.
    If you have such a short time then you probably will have everything planned to a schedule so the flexibility of the pass mightn't be much use anyhow.

Advertisement