Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetship Competitions 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mallow98

how did ye get on lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

Anyone get an email yet? Good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JoeSoap123

xavier8228 wrote: »

I second this question

You in the run for it?

JoeSoap123 wrote: »
    You in the run for it?

My girlfriend is. Got an email last Wednesday saying she passed all the stages and that they would be in touch about offers.

• Advertisement

My girlfriend is. Got an email last Wednesday saying she passed all the stages and that they would be in touch about offers.

Will you drop a post here if she hears anything? I know someone waiting for word too and I'm thinking of giving it a go next year so I'm curious.

Word has it that they will be starting next Tuesday the 22nd September. Emails should be out today or tomorrow.

Word has it that they will be starting next Tuesday the 22nd September. Emails should be out today or tomorrow.

Cool thanks. Where'd you hear that? I thought it was 28th of September going on what everyone else was saying. That's a bit soon if its the 22nd. Doesn't give people much time to tie up loose ends like quitting jobs, moving out of apartments and houses etc. Actually now that I think of it if the start date is the 28th they're cutting it short already!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fasnet353

I'm going for naval service myself, but I had called last week and was told that rather than getting the two weeks notice that a week and a half at most would be given. He did say they were having issues with security clearance between all cadets from the three services. Although if we heard the word in the next 24 hours that would be sound!

fasnet353 wrote: »
    I'm going for naval service myself, but I had called last week and was told that rather than getting the two weeks notice that a week and a half at most would be given. He did say they were having issues with security clearance between all cadets from the three services. Although if we heard the word in the next 24 hours that would be sound!

Fair play congrats on getting this far. Hopefully it works out for you! Well it'd be sound for ye provided the start date is the 28th and not the 22nd! Throw a post up of you get an email yeah?

• Advertisement

Fair play congrats on getting this far. Hopefully it works out for you! Well it'd be sound for ye provided the start date is the 28th and not the 22nd! Throw a post up if you get an email yeah?

Cool thanks. Where'd you hear that? I thought it was 28th of September going on what everyone else was saying. That's a bit soon if its the 22nd. Doesn't give people much time to tie up loose ends like quitting jobs, moving out of apartments and houses etc. Actually now that I think of it if the start date is the 28th they're cutting it short already!

It came from recruitment office. Or someone affiliated with it

Throw a post up if you get an email yeah?

Cheers lad! Ill shout when I get the word in either direction. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Cheers lad! Ill shout when I get the word in either direction. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Good man!
    It came from recruitment office. Or someone affiliated with it

Thanks for the info. How'd your girlfriend find the whole process anyway?

Nothing today guys no?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Nothing today guys no?

No nothing today. Anybody have an idea when we will be notified?

How long ago did ye fill in vetting forms?

Girlfriend didn't get it. Bunch of hypocritical *****. They're crying out for women and when one passes everything they don't pick her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Girlfriend didn't get it. Bunch of hypocritical *****. They're crying out for women and when one passes everything they don't pick her.

Easy now.

While it appears the DF are actively seeking to recruit females to the ranks, there is no gender quota in place that I am aware of.

Your girlfriend didn't get it because there was other candidates who performed and scored better. Its unfortunate but that's life.

I'd suggest contacting the recruitment office and requesting all competition results under FOI. It may well be very beneficial should she apply again.

Best of luck in the future.

Negative_G wrote: »
    Easy now.

While it appears the DF are actively seeking to recruit females to the ranks, there is no gender quota in place that I am aware of.

Your girlfriend didn't get it because there was other candidates who performed and scored better. Its unfortunate but that's life.

I'd suggest contacting the recruitment office and requesting all competition results under FOI. It may well be very beneficial should she apply again.

Best of luck in the future.

I don't need to take it easy. I'm not in the army and I didn't get my hopes up after the email last week saying I passed everything and to wait for a job offer. Why did they have to send those emails? I am pissed off about it for her.

• Advertisement

Did they email her just now?

Did they email her just now?

Yeah she got it there.

Still nothing? No news is good news I guess

Still nothing? No news is good news I guess

Yeah still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I don't need to take it easy. I'm not in the army and I didn't get my hopes up after the email last week saying I passed everything and to wait for a job offer. Why did they have to send those emails? I am pissed off about it for her.

I would suspect she was part of the reserve panel of people to be drawn from should there be withdrawals or failures at medical stage.

Once all offers were accepted the reserve panel would be no longer required.

Negative_G wrote: »
    I would suspect she was part of the reserve panel of people to be drawn from should there be withdrawals or failures at medical stage.

Once all offers were accepted the reserve panel would be no longer required.

They actually use the reserve panel for a few weeks after the cadet class starts training too. If people drop out in the first few weeks people on the panel are then brought in. So in the case of Xavier's girlfriend, she may have gotten an email today telling her she wasn't successful, but she may very well be getting an email or a call in a few weeks time telling her she's in if people pull out and she's next in line.

Xavier do you mind me asking which competition your girlfriend went for, was it the army, navy, or air corps cadets?

Xavier do you mind me asking which competition your girlfriend went for, was it the army, navy, or air corps cadets?

She went for the army and navy but got through to the navy panel

Still though, fair f**cks to her for getting this far in the competition! Its a massive achievement regardless and should be very proud of the fact. Last years Naval cadets had a number of dropouts in the first few weeks so it may not be the end of the road for her. At the end of the day its only another 6 months to re-apply and it would show pure determination to be part of the Naval Service.

• Advertisement

Did she get word from the army and navy or just the navy?

Advertisement