Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malawi Cichlid Tank - Optimum Temperature?

Options
  • 15-04-2015 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm the optimum temperature to keep a Malawi Cichlid tank at? I used to keep mine around 25C but I've recently increased it to 27C and the fish seem happier/livelier.

I searched online and found loads of conflicting advice from 24C to 30C!!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I checked Seahorse Aquariums website, and all bar 2 of the Lake Malawi Cichlids have a temperature range of 24-28. The others are 23-28.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I checked Seahorse Aquariums website, and all bar 2 of the Lake Malawi Cichlids have a temperature range of 24-28. The others are 23-28.

Thanks RosieJoe, I guess 27C is about right so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I checked Seahorse Aquariums website

I can't find a live Aquarium monitor feed on their website. Would you mind linking to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

BenEadir wrote: »
    I can't find a live Aquarium monitor feed on their website. Would you mind linking to it?

I got the information from description of the fish as opposed to a live feed. Their site breaks down the fish by grouping and that's where I went for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

25 if perfect. Increased temptruture leads to other problems so I'd leave it at 25.

• Advertisement
Advertisement