Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA mis-sold PPI

Options
  • 15-04-2015 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭

I received a letter from MBNA this morning regarding the PPI they sold to me in connection with a credit card. a long time ago. They said that if i was mis-sold ( and i was ) that i would receive the full amount i have paid for PPI since 2006 plus interest at the central bank rate.

1. Has anybody else been through and received their refund
    2. Why is the interest only at the central bank rate when any interest i would have been charged on this would be at the credit card rate, which is considerably higher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kate182

Hi,

I got the same letter and sent if off - If you can remember the PPI Insurance that was sold with your C/Card at the time - well apparently this was sold under misleading or false information - Basically they sold you an insurance cover for your Credit card that you didn't need as you were already covered by MBNA - send the form off, you have nothing to loose - you might be entitled to compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kate182 wrote: »
    Hi,

I got the same letter and sent if off - If you can remember the PPI Insurance that was sold with your C/Card at the time - well apparently this was sold under misleading or false information - Basically they sold you an insurance cover for your Credit card that you didn't need as you were already covered by MBNA - send the form off, you have nothing to loose - you might be entitled to compensation.

Cheers for that. I always that the PPI misselling was a british thing. If i get back all i've paid them since 2006 i'll be a very happy boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NaomiHD

Hi, Does anyone know if there's a number website you can go to about MBNA claims? I'm moved house twice since clearing off my credit card with MBNA so I won't get the letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's not PPI they're writing to you about, it's CPI. It's worth far far less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

NaomiHD wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know if there's a number website you can go to about MBNA claims? I'm moved house twice since clearing off my credit card with MBNA so I won't get the letter?

http://www.mbna.co.uk/cppireland/

071 9656611

• Advertisement
Advertisement