Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game Genie Snes

• 15-04-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Just a quick question if any one knows. I've looked it up and it seems that I can use my Game Genie to play game imports on my Snes from JAP/USA and I want to know if any one has done this and if it actually works before I go messing around with the Game Genie?

I don't want to mod the console itself. Wouldn't have the confidence to do it.

Any advice is awesome.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It might work on some very early releases but later releases all have 50/60Hz lock outs or something even more complex. Honestly get your console modded, even get someone else to do it. The difference in 60Hz gameplay makes more than worth it on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Ah I might just do without. I've just been reacquainted with the Snes and I'm not letting anyone muck around with it. Thanks for the insight though. Maybe someday!

Screw it I may as well get it done. Do you know of anyone I could Pm. Most of the searches I get say people are too busy and they don't do it anymore? I'd rather not post it to the UK. Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's plenty of regulars here that could do it. Well worth it considering you can save a fortune buying US and Japanese versions (often the exact same game with English text). Unfortunately the console modding forum is gone but you could probably ask in the trading sub forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Unfortunately the console modding forum is gone but you could probably ask in the trading sub forum here.

The modding forum is still around, though it's a ghost town.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was on the mod forum but like you say it was dead. I'll try what was suggested above and hopefully someone can help. Thanks for the assistance lads.

Advertisement