Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiring window sensors in parallel

Options
  • 15-04-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

my house was wired before windows went in and two windows had to be changed from single to double openers due to manufacturing problems. Is it ok to wire two contact sensors in parallel to secure each of these windows?
    Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

twomill wrote: »
    my house was wired before windows went in and two windows had to be changed from single to double openers due to manufacturing problems. Is it ok to wire two contact sensors in parallel to secure each of these windows?

Hi what make of alarm system do you have

• Registered Users Posts: 28 twomill

haven't bought a system yet , just trying to find out info first to know if I can go fully wired or have to go wired/wireless which is more expensive. I have about 10 zones, 2 keypads and a panic button to wire up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If in // then the circuit won't be broken if one opens so I think you may mean in series
    http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/serpar.php
    for images

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 twomill

As long as I can connect the two windows either through series or parallel to the one circuit then I am happy it will save me a lot of bother, cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes that can be easily done. Must be series wiring though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

haven't bought a system yet , just trying to find out info first to know if I can go fully wired or have to go wired/wireless which is more expensive. I have about 10 zones, 2 keypads and a panic button to wire up

I would recommend using a hybrid system regardless of the house being wired.
    If you have any issues down the road you also have the ability to add wire free sensors. I would recommend breaking down wired zones to as few windows/zones as possible. What you are doing is fine as its the same window.

Advertisement