Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location, location -Maynooth V Celbridge V Leixlip

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    How did it go ?

Honestly? Awful. EA was 10 minutes late and then breezed up with no apology. More appallingly, the students were still in the house and we ended up in bedrooms with underwear (and other things I didn't want to see) strewn about the place. The house was in bits. All external windows and doors as well as inside doors, skirting, architrave would have to be replaced. I wouldn't think the plumbing or electrics have been touched since it was built. It was just more work than we want to do. With kids, it was unlivable in its current condition.

Was a shame because the location was a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Welcome to looking for a half-way affordable house in Maynooth!

You're lucky it had all its windows actually in place, unlike one place I viewed...

L1011 wrote: »
    Welcome to looking for a half-way affordable house in Maynooth!

You're lucky it had all its windows actually in place, unlike one place I viewed...

We've wxpanded our search but the commutes from anywhere else are just awkward.

yellow hen wrote: »
    We've wxpanded our search but the commutes from anywhere else are just awkward.

I found somewhere, albeit in need of a lot of work (windows/insulation/total repaint/total new floors done, kitchen/bathroom/eventual rewiring/gas on hold for now). There is stuff out there, just not always instantly.

I found somewhere, albeit in need of a lot of work (windows/insulation/total repaint/total new floors done, kitchen/bathroom/eventual rewiring/gas on hold for now). There is stuff out there, just not always instantly.

Was it in maynooth? I'm not impatient but the uncertainty of selling our house and having nowhere to go terrifies me. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just the two of us. We've both been really tied up with work lately but come mid may, we'll be viewing everything!!

• Advertisement

Was it in maynooth? I'm not impatient but the uncertainty of selling our house and having nowhere to go terrifies me. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just the two of us. We've both been really tied up with work lately but come mid may, we'll be viewing everything!!

Yes. Overall Greenfield Estate* (not saying which bit in case anyone IDs me - although Moonbeam has probably guessed already as a fellow resident :P)

Summer is a better time to view at the more afforable end as every year one or two landlords decide to get the hell out of student rentals. Mine was an executor sale but every single other house I viewed was a student rental.

*the large 1970s private development near Maxol, not the council estate with a similar name.

*the large 1970s private development near Maxol, not the council estate with a similar name.

So where is the council estate? Is that old greenfield?

So where is the council estate? Is that old greenfield?

Yeah. The original Old Greenfield / Greenfield Lane is 1930s or so, the larger development behind is 60s or 70s and then some 90s houses at the very end

Greenfield Estate is Greenfield Drive, Maynooth Park, Lawrence Avenue and Straffan Way as well as the shops.

Yeah. The original Old Greenfield / Greenfield Lane is 1930s or so, the larger development behind is 60s or 70s and then some 90s houses at the very end

Greenfield Estate is Greenfield Drive, Maynooth Park, Lawrence Avenue and Straffan Way as well as the shops.

Ah ok, I get it. I'll be back on here picking your and moonbeams brains about estates. Thanks for your help!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes. Overall Greenfield Estate* (not saying which bit in case anyone IDs me - although Moonbeam has probably guessed already as a fellow resident :P)

Summer is a better time to view at the more afforable end as every year one or two landlords decide to get the hell out of student rentals. Mine was an executor sale but every single other house I viewed was a student rental.

I dunno many people here,do you know who I am ?

My house needed and still needs a lot of work but my neighbours are lovely and we are near everything .Our garden is big and the house is bigger then average .

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I dunno many people here,do you know who I am ?

Nope, but I thought I'd probably given away too many clues. Obviously not.

The houses are big for their notional size - mine's a 3 bed terrace but its 3 double bedrooms, two of which are still pretty large. Layout is the only problem but that was down to the previous owner knocking and bricking up walls/doors.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lol no.

Mine is 4 bed semi detached with Garage converted.
    We have 2 huge bedrooms and 2 small bedrooms but not tiny.
    We had the whole house re-wired,re-plumbed,new radiators and I badly need a new kitchen due to terrible design.
    The house was huge when we moved in but we could do with a huge extension and a few more rooms now:)
    my preference was for one of the extended Rockfield or Parklands houses but there were not many for sale and they were stupid money.

Advertisement