Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max VG

Options
  • 15-04-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I just acquired my first 100% VG juice in a trade and I'm wondering what the appeal is. It's quite an expensive juice called Campfire which is marshmallows, chocolate and something else. Sounds great, smells great, very little flavour. I've read that the flavour is carried through the PG so I'm guessing the lack of PG is the culprit. Is it just the clouds that appeals to people?

This question doesn't really apply to people who can't vape PG due to intolerance/allergy. Thanks.

It does cloud like muthafluppa though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've been trying varying levels of VG, because I find that strong PG juices give me a bit of chest pain, and the odd headache. I'm not allergic, or I'd feel worse after vaping something like 70/30 PG/VG, but high PG doesn't sit well with me somehow. I've found my sweet spot to be 30/70 PG/VG, but often get 20/80 and the flavour is still good. You get a nice mix of flavour and TH at that, especially in a sub ohm tank.

I've had campfire in the past, and thought it was pretty good. Also had monkey business by the same crowd. That's nicer, similar, but with banana. I do remember thinking I wish the flavour was more pronounced though. They just need to add more flavour shots into the mix to compensate. I have 70/30 VG/PG juices here that are full of flavour, so it may depend on the producer. I've had Ripe Vapes key lime cookie too, which is max VG too. The flavour was good on that, but I found it very 'greasey' in texture. Likeit needed to be thinned out and shaken up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Hmm, could be the flavour shots. I think you're fond of MBV juices, how many shots do you add? Mine all have 1 extra but I feel it could do with more, maybe even 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The most recent batch I got 2 flavour shots in all of them, went for the 5x 30ml pack so you're choosing the same set up across all 5. Seems to be spot on at that, 2 of them are vapeable from the off, the rest need steeping. But even today, after an overnight press steep, I can smell those flavours coming through.

But say, a pre-made juice, like Claim your throne, which would be one of my fav 'premium' juices. That's 70vg/30pg akaik, and very tasty. 30PG is probably just enough to bring the flavours through?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I'm hoping it will be better in a dripper. I'm waiting on one I've been "vaped on" so I'll resist the Campfire until it comes :)

Advertisement