Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodgement ATM's

Options
  • 15-04-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Not really a criticism as such, I don't mind using the lodgement ATM's at all as it gets me in and out a lot quicker. However, when lodging cheques, I do have a slight issue.

The machines manage to, almost to a fault, make sense of the most illegible gibberish scrawled on a crumpled, stained cheque but cannot, ever, read the printed text on every postal order I've ever attempted to lodge and a lot of drafts.

As I said, very happy customer for the most part. Just always thought this a bit odd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Chiorino wrote: »
    Not really a criticism as such, I don't mind using the lodgement ATM's at all as it gets me in and out a lot quicker. However, when lodging cheques, I do have a slight issue.

The machines manage to, almost to a fault, make sense of the most illegible gibberish scrawled on a crumpled, stained cheque but cannot, ever, read the printed text on every postal order I've ever attempted to lodge and a lot of drafts.

As I said, very happy customer for the most part. Just always thought this a bit odd.
    Hi Chiorino,

Thanks for your post today.

This may be due to the layout of a postal order being different to that of a cheque. We have sent your query to our branch network and asked them to look into it.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement