Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I be insured on a foreign licence?

Options
  • 15-04-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, Im returning to live in Ireland after living in Australia for six years, I've got a full Australian licence that I can change over to a full Irish but the NDLS has told me that the process may take up to three months, is it possible to get insured on an Australian licence while the changeover is happening?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

buffalo909 wrote: »
    Hi, Im returning to live in Ireland after living in Australia for six years, I've got a full Australian licence that I can change over to a full Irish but the NDLS has told me that the process may take up to three months, is it possible to get insured on an Australian licence while the changeover is happening?

Hi Buffalo99
    We can cover you on your Australian drivers licence for up to 12 months. However you must ensure you exchange your Australian licence for an Irish licence within 12 months of the date you returned to Ireland. If you want to PM me with your details I can arrange for someone to call you and provide you with a quotation?
    Regards
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 48 buffalo909

Thanks for the reply Sean, my intention is to get the Aussie licence swapped over as soon as I get back I was just worried when I heard that it could take up to 3 months and some insurance companies told me they wouldn't insure me unless I have an Irish licence. I'm not heading home for another month or so but Liberty will be my first call. Thanks again.

Advertisement