Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurgen Klopp: Where next?

124»

Comments

What a waste. The Madrid and city jobs must have not been available to him as he once may have thought.

Maybe he didn't want either as both are a bit of a circus particularly Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What a waste. The Madrid and city jobs must have not been available to him as he once may have thought.

Maybe they just aren't his thing, it's not all about money with everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

rarnes1 wrote: »

Maybe so. He is quite the alternative so Turkey and Turkish football might be right up his alley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Credit to him. No point going for the City or Madrid job to be sacked again within two years. Waiting out for United, Arsenal or Munich I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Waiting till after the Euros to take over Germany?

Might go put money on that, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Raf32 wrote: »
    Credit to him. No point going for the City or Madrid job to be sacked again within two years. Waiting out for United, Arsenal or Munich I say.

That's a good point to be fair

If he's waiting for the right job it's a good move, hopefully that's what he isdoing because it'll be a real waste if he never gets a decent crack at the likes of Jose and Pep when the playing field is a bit more level

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

rarnes1 wrote: »

Maybe he was never going to get the job seeing as both have a manager in position? You ever think of that? Maybe neither wanted him, actually I know City didn't want him because they distanced themselves from him immediately after being linked.

Maybe they feel it's him who's a bit of a circus, watching his sidelines antics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

He hasn't even agreed anything. People are talking like he has already been presented.

Someone saw him in Istanbul. That's all that has happened so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Just in from a day working with members of the press department in Dortmund. Nobody (people from his closest circle) know anything about this, as far as they are aware he is filming advertisements for various sponsors at the moment as reported in the local press.......

Statement form someone close to him was that he will start looking seriously at a new job when his current one finishes, which seems to be part of the conditions of his termination agreement with the club. As it stands Tuchel is very active and very present in the background already, looking at new recruits, speaking to current players on the phone, making and planning changes to the training facilities, youth set up etc.. Kloppo is being kept in the dark regarding 2015/16s planning.

Anyone see a picture of him at Weidenfelders wedding?? :D Hummels was out on his bike for a spin around Dortmund, twittering away as the event took place I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He'd be mad to take the Madrid job. They have sacked managers that have won them league titles and Champions league trophies just weeks after they won them. He won't even be allowed buy the players in a lot of instances - Florentino Perez will buy the next flavour of the month and force Klopp to play them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont believe he'd go to Turkey plus it be madness to go there with whats happening in the country and in the region at present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If would suggest a lack of ambition to end up in the Super Lig at one of the two teams most likely to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If he goes there and people do credit him, for taking a huge step backwards in his career, I'm just confused.

Doubt it's true though. It's just illogical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's going to Newcastle lads.

You heard it here first.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He's going to Newcastle lads.

You heard it here first.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Joking aside how awesome would that be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

A friend of mine who's son is a teacher in Spain has said he has been enquiring about schools for his kids in Madrid, seen as how he's only 1.33 at skybet to be the next Real manager, it seems the most likely destination for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

astonaidan wrote: »

Winning the Championship in his first year would be quite the coup.

wonga77 wrote: »
    A friend of mine who's son is a teacher in Spain has said he has been enquiring about schools for his kids in Madrid, seen as how he's only 1.33 at skybet to be the next Real manager, it seems the most likely destination for him

Wonga....go put money on it then.....or better just stick it in the bin next to you. Someone is telling porkies.... :D

Neither he nor his second wife have kids who are still at school.....or do you know something about a secret love child???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Interesting, and my buddy was bragging how he had backed him for RM manager at 6/1!

Interesting, and my buddy was bragging how he had backed him for RM manager at 6/1!

Madrid maybe interested, as are a number of other clubs.....but as I said yesterday, I have been told by someone very close to himself and the club that he will not speak to any potential clubs until after the DFB Pokal Finale (German FA Cup Final) on 30 May. Seems to be an agreement with the club.
    Maybe I will be able to tell you more after the cup final as I am in the same hotel and have an invite to the evening party. May let something slip with a drink or 10 in him..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wonga....go put money on it then.....or better just stick it in the bin next to you. Someone is telling porkies.... :D

Neither he nor his second wife have kids who are still at school.....or do you know something about a secret love child???
    Madrid maybe interested, as are a number of other clubs.....but as I said yesterday, I have been told by someone very close to himself and the club that he will not speak to any potential clubs until after the DFB Pokal Finale (German FA Cup Final) on 30 May. Seems to be an agreement with the club.
    Maybe I will be able to tell you more after the cup final as I am in the same hotel and have an invite to the evening party. May let something slip with a drink or 10 in him..... ;)
    Retweeted 625 times
    Raphael Honigstein @honigstein · 5h5 hours ago

The radio station in Germany allegedly reporting "Klopp to Real Madrid" doesn't exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

astonaidan wrote: »

If Ashley wanted to get the fans back on his side he could do it in move bringing in Klopp.

If we stay up(hah) that is.

Advertisement