Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultegra Di2 Rear Mech Stopped Working

• 15-04-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Ultegra Rear Mech Di2 just stopped working midway down the cassette and wont move now. I checked all the connections and even plugged in from a different power supply so the issue is definitely the mech and it is only a few weeks old. I can bring it back to the LBS but I said it try myself first if its something small.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Hadn't heard of this issue before, usually you hear about batteries dying mid-ride because people forgot to charge up their Di2. Didn't Sagan get stuck in the small ring at Paris Roubaix because his front mech wouldn't shift? I'd say just bring it back to the shop and let them sort it out, it's a fairly expensive bit to be fiddling about with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

mathuna11 wrote: »
    Ultegra Rear Mech Di2 just stopped working midway down the cassette and wont move now. I checked all the connections and even plugged in from a different power supply so the issue is definitely the mech and it is only a few weeks old. I can bring it back to the LBS but I said it try myself first if its something small.

There's a connection in the bottom bracket, are you sure that's not where its become disconnected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

4463d682735d1cb300ce7e5032c9128e3dd4a553f5a2fc44273e07f8a3ae07bd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

shimano-ultegra-di2-6870-groupset-11s-internal-cable-routing-symbolic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Lumen wrote: »
    shimano-ultegra-di2-6870-groupset-11s-internal-cable-routing-symbolic.jpg

Jaysus, think I might wait until Sram come out with their wireless shifting system after looking at your diagram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mathuna11

Yes checked all that and I swapped the mech for another one and that one worked so its an issue with the mech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Koobcam wrote: »
    Jaysus, think I might wait until Sram come out with their wireless shifting system after looking at your diagram.
    Yeah, because wireless systems are way easier to fix :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Did you press & hold the button on the junction box, while turning the crank? Its a re-set function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

Is it ok if I piggy back on this thread??

Ultegra 6870 di2 rear mech stopped working for me but I noticed the cable was pinched, ordered a new cable but still didn't work. Front mech working fine at this point.
    I then downloaded E-tube project and connected the bike hoping to do a diagnostic, at this point it only recognised the LH shifter (for front mech), so I was now putting my issue down to a faulty switch in the right shifter or else the junction box under the stem. e-tube project then prompted me to update the firmware for the battery and the junction box, which I duly did. Now e-tube project does not recognise the unit connected and I have absolutely nothing movement in either mech at all and no lights working on the junction box. all parts are Ultegra di2 6870, no mash up of different parts. has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    G.

Advertisement