Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed identification help

• 15-04-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi guys, i dont post here alot but i do check out the forum nearly everyday ;)
    Just asking for a bit of help identifying a few weeds for a college project, (maybe I have posted in the wrong area but I am sure someone will point me in the right direction). The weeds are all beside or pretty much in the muck around the edge of the pond so some are probably wetland weeds, anyway, I will let the pics do the talking and see what ye can come up with, thanks

20150226_125503.jpg

20150226_121049.jpg

20150226_120217.jpg

20150226_120156.jpg

20150226_113722.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Poor old Kangaroo :(

Can't believe you killed skippy and then took a photo of him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Not sure about the first one , may be Willow Herb, the second is Watercress, the third looks like Fools Parsley, the fourth looks like Buttercup and I think the last one is Fools Parsely again... I'm no expert so don't take my word for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭The prowler

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Not sure about the first one , may be Willow Herb, the second is Watercress, the third looks like Fools Parsley, the fourth looks like Buttercup and I think the last one is Fools Parsely again... I'm no expert so don't take my word for it !

Lol,would ya be sure enough on them to bet my final project on :D
    Thanks for that, ya i was thinking fools parsley myself but not 100% sure on it, willow herb seems fairly right aswell actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Zoo4m8 wrote: »

I'd go along with you. BUT..... There are a clatter of Umbellifers that are very very similar, especially this time of the year. If you're in no massive hurry wait till they flower and it's much easier to ID them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

1: leaf doesn't look quite right for willow herb although it's early days so could be

3: could be angelica

4: pretty certain creeping buttercup

Sorry I can't help with the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Poke thru / search thru Teagasc website, theres a comprehensive article with pics on all Irish weeds

Advertisement