Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Road Relays - Raheny - 19.04.15 - 2pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

menoscemo wrote: »
    Congrats on the national medal all the same. Not every day you win one of those!!

Cheers meno, even better when it was on home turf. Some very impressive individual performances on the road though. John Travers running 14:07 was something else. Lizzie Lee looked very strong over the 2mile while Michelle Finn was class over the mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Fantastic day today and the sun played ball too. Really proud to be a part of the Sli Cualann team, fourth masters ladies o/35.
    Thanks Raheny Shamrocks and all the volunteers for a superbly organised championships! :)

We missed each other again! Think we were 5th O35 (6th overall)! Which leg did you run? I ran the third - maybe we were lining up together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Marthastew wrote: »
    Well done! I thought you might be running but I don't know what you look like. I was smiling at the Sli Cualann ladies before we started but I'm pretty sure they(you?) were thinking "who is that crazy lady and what is she doing on the start line? ;-)"

Laura, it was great to chat to you and I'm hoping you've been inspired to join a club after spectating today, thanks for the shout-outs :-)

Yes, really nice to meet you, Laura!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

HelenAnne wrote: »
    We missed each other again! Think we were 5th O35 (6th overall)! Which leg did you run? I ran the third - maybe we were lining up together!

We did and we were! (Lining up together) I can't believe it :( Will you be at the Leinster 3k in Gowran? That's my next target race. Congrats on your result and Raheny had a great day overall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Results are up on Athletics Ireland website :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

A great days running by all concerned. As usual a lovely sunny and (mostly) warm day.

Some of the highlights for me:-

1. John Travers "gliding" around for 3 miles in 14:07, and handing over to Erik Keogh and continuing the "glide" for a fantastic Donore win.

2. Raheny ladies O35 getting gold, and Jennies first national medal.

3. Raheny men's O50 gold, with Damien Martin Achilles injury in the first mile seeing him limp home and hand over to Mick Traynor in last place, then seeing Mick, pull back 5-6 places over the 2 miles and collapsing on the line.

Sorry for the Raheny bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

MisterDrak wrote: »

3. Raheny men's O50 gold, with Damien Martin Achilles injury in the first mile seeing him limp home and hand over to Mick Traynor in last place, then seeing Mick, pull back 5-6 places over the 2 miles and collapsing on the line.

The stuff of legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Yes, really nice to meet you, Laura!

Lovely to meet you too Helen, great to finally put a face to the name. Thanks again for the advice etc!

Advertisement