Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys r us

Options
  • 15-04-2015 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Just read in the kilkenny journal that toys r us looking for a suitable place in kilkenny. Anyone else hear anything this would be great news if they were to set up in kilkenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kilkenny Journal, wouldn't trust that. There is nowhere in Kilkenny suitable?? The Loughboy retail park has a large Ken Blacks and can't see them letting them in...

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Out beside electro city in the Ormonde retail park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Was a typo. Shudda read Tyres 'R' Us :rolleyes:

Carlow and Waterford have several large units empty as they built a lot more retail on the outskirts so I'd imagine if looking at the south east they'll go there. Kilkenny was/is very protective of the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

I wouldn't believe everything that's in the papers, especially the Kilkenny Reporter.
    They'll set up a few stores in dublin, one in Cork, galway, limerick etc...
    I'd say Kilkenny is way down their list of locations.

• Advertisement

But if they were to be looking for somewhere in the SE surely Kilkenny would be the most central place for places like Waterford wexford Carlow laoise and tipp

linny wrote: »
    But if they were to be looking for somewhere in the SE surely Kilkenny would be the most central place for places like Waterford wexford Carlow laoise and tipp

It is but there's no units here to set up here I'd say. Compared to other towns

In the Ormonde retail park the old furniture depot beside electro city. Thats pretty big over two floors also. Or in retail park on ring road but ken blacks is thrre already

linny wrote: »
    In the Ormonde retail park the old furniture depot beside electro city. Thats pretty big over two floors also. Or in retail park on ring road but ken blacks is thrre already

I have a feeling that's not zoned for that kind of retail. Vaguely remember something about "bulky goods" sales before being attached to the planning of retail parks in Kk.

Advertisement