Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards T/D/A Cycle around Lough Derg

Options
  • 15-04-2015 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    There has been talk on my log about a group of us going for a cycle around Lough Derg. It's about 110ish kms depending on the route you take. Maybe we could start discussing when it could happen? Everyone welcome and I might even put one or two of ye up in my spare room :)

Oh and I'm still slow and scared by the way so its not going to be a race Trig1 :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

I'll come :D

Are mountain bikes allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Hi all
    There has been talk on my log about a group of us going for a cycle around Lough Derg. It's about 110ish kms depending on the route you take. Maybe we could start discussing when it could happen? Everyone welcome and I might even put one or two of ye up in my spare room :)

Oh and I'm still slow and scared by the way so its not going to be a race Trig1 :-)

Geographically speaking, where is lough derg based? (google tells me donegal or limerick?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Sorry I should have said Lough Derg in Tipperary/Limerick/Clare. Would be hoping to meet up in Birdhill/Kilaloe or Nenagh maybe

I'll come :D

Are mountain bikes allowed?

Totally! Might slow you down a bit! :D

Sorry I should have said Lough Derg in Tipperary/Limerick/Clare. Would be hoping to meet up in Birdhill/Kilaloe or Nenagh maybe

I am potential yes if dates suit..have family in Limerick so I am sorted accommodation wise! Mind you, i'm slow as f*ck, but improving!! Hills are not my forte though!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Depends on the date, and if zimmer frames are allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The Galway contingent could cycle down and meet at Portumna to join ye for the finish of the loop back to Ballina and then continue back up for their second half to Galway?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hopefully, but my cars fooked so maybe not unless I can scab a lift from Dublin :)

Hopefully, but my cars fooked so maybe not unless I can scab a lift from Dublin :)

Train down and I can pick u up at the station?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

AKW wrote: »
    The Galway contingent could cycle down and meet at Portumna to join ye for the finish of the loop back to Ballina and then continue back up for their second half to Galway?

that works for me, i can drive to there and leave from there, makes a nice difference timewise to the drive, if the dates suit of course,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ah sure, as you're going past the front door....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'm in. But low on weekends to choose from so just hope I make it :)

mossym wrote: »
    ah sure, as you're going past the front door....

You have to come you fecker it was your idea!!

Roughly when is this to happen?

Ok how's about I list possible dates and we can vote on which ones suit us most?

Sat 25th or Sunday 26th April

Sunday 3rd or Monday 4th May (bank Holiday)

Actually I'm free every weekend after that :o God I have no life :D

Ok how's about I list possible dates and we can vote on which ones suit us most?

Sat 25th or Sunday 26th April

Sunday 3rd or Monday 4th May (bank Holiday)

Actually I'm free every weekend after that :o God I have no life :D

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but

Sat 25th or Sunday 26th April - Joey Hannon

Sunday 3rd or Monday 4th May (bank Holiday) - Great Limerick Run, so Sunday out at least, MOnday might work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

neither weekend suits for me either, work away with it if either suits a majority though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

In case anyone is wondering, those weekends don't work for me either. :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    In case anyone is wondering, those weekends don't work for me either. :D

Damned Dory Dory, I was hoping you would say you would come too!!!
    Will have to check the calendar at home, but I think I can do the weekend of the 16 or the 23rd of May..again, workaway with whatever dates suits everyone, and If I can I'll join! Y

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

All my races are cancelled so my date card is empty! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oryx wrote: »
    All my races are cancelled so my date card is empty! :)

Your race date card may be empty.....but it's 110ish kms! ??? You're also going to be in Boston in, oh, about 2.5 hours....but you're not running 26.2 miles. Right? (you can answer that when you land :D)

I think we should do this in August...

I'm free from the 1st to the 24th :D:D

A few of us will be busy around the 1st, 2nd & 3rd ;)

AKW wrote: »
    A few of us will be busy around the 1st, 2nd & 3rd ;)

Mid august seeing as a few will be doing caroline kearney/dublin the following week also... :)

fair few of those who expressed an interest will be a couple of weeks out from lost sheep at that point.

kind of bummed that we're into june and i haven't been around the lake yet this year, so if any of the locals are around next sunday i'm thinking of doing it as an easy spin after racing saturday

July doesn't work for me and catz as we hate our bikes enough as it is without getting back on them less than 4 weeks after IM :)

We'll never find a date that suits all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

mossym wrote: »
    fair few of those who expressed an interest will be a couple of weeks out from lost sheep at that point.

kind of bummed that we're into june and i haven't been around the lake yet this year, so if any of the locals are around next sunday i'm thinking of doing it as an easy spin after racing saturday

i'd be interested M, cant train Saturday as i'm heading to the zoo with the kids, so sunday early would suit

So, yeah, when are we doing this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Mid August you say, RQ?

Advertisement