Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

budget gaming card

Options
  • 15-04-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi guys. trying to avoid a bit of a pain getting a new low spec build to connect to a tv and i think the best option is a cheap (2nd hand?) gpu. my motherboard hdmi apparently doesn't carry audio so not sure how else i can connect to a tv. can anyone recommend a cheap one (or even a pm to an adverts.ie ad).

the motherboard is ASRock H81M-HDS and it's a relatively short case.

if there are other solutions to getting audio through the tv, that'd be great!

i have a sapphire 5550 1gb spare here, but it won't fit that board. thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You don't need a card, the onboard HDMI will do what you want it to. What's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

that would be great if it will work! i assumed it would, but can't get any output. i've updated the vga and hd audio drivers and turned everything audio related in the bios to be enabled, but it won't output anything. the speaker icon on the status bar says there's nothing connected. should the onboard audio automatically use the hdmi? maybe i should install the drivers again

Advertisement