Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How Do You Clean Your Leathers??

• 15-04-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

So I got a nice new shiny set of 1 piece leathers in white. Probably not a good idea as I say they are going to be hard to keep clean.

How do you keep your leather gear clean? All tips appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

So I got a nice new shiny set of 1 piece leathers in white. Probably not a good idea as I say they are going to be hard to keep clean.

How do you keep your leather gear clean? All tips appreciated :D

Rain :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I use leather wipes and chelsea dubbin, and it works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Baby wipes and I use Evian to wash the bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i use a leather cleaner/food stuff called renapur, great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Saddle Soap is brilliant, but there's a bit of work in it however its about the best leather cleaner and preservative out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Great stuff, Will have to give some of these a try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

My Knox handroid gloves are looking a little bit sorry for themselves, and at this stage would need a deep clean, all the stitching is in place, but the yellow (kangaroo bits) have become oily black, any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Cheap oil from the dolla' store (the gentle baby-oil type, not the industrial 5/40w type)
    leather dries out and this applied every season will preserve the leather for decades.

For white leather - an old secret to spruce up (from the days of wearing 1980's white moon-boots at the local breakdance face-off) is...

...toothpaste :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

My Knox handroid gloves are looking a little bit sorry for themselves, and at this stage would need a deep clean, all the stitching is in place, but the yellow (kangaroo bits) have become oily black, any suggestions?

Something like this?? Would also like to hear any tips for that :)

CDEF5D0BF16049A6A1FACC819CD5F73A-0000379605-0003751491-00800L-335BB39F497A43D6912A349B9340E474.jpg

I have the Andorids also, mine are gone a little black too but I have them over a year now . Not fuseed too much but If easy way to get rid plz do tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Something like this?? Would also like to hear any tips for that :)

CDEF5D0BF16049A6A1FACC819CD5F73A-0000379605-0003751491-00800L-335BB39F497A43D6912A349B9340E474.jpg

Exactly it!! The leather has also become a bit harder, not as supple as it was, there must be some way of fixing this on an expensive pair of gloves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Exactly it!! The leather has also become a bit harder, not as supple as it was, there must be some way of fixing this on an expensive pair of gloves?

Saddle soap.. Seriously its the best leather cleaner and conditioner you'll find.

I'm surprised so few here have heard about it.

You'll buy it in any leather shop, equestrian shop, shoe makers/cobblers and some bicycle shops (for Brooks leather saddles).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ride faster........:P

Dont wear any gear, never gets dirty. SIMPLES!!!

Advertisement