Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IX grades

Options
  • 15-04-2015 4:27pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

My Dad died recently after a long illness during which I was caring for him. I applied for extenuating circumstances for all this semester's modules (4 in total) and my personal tutor told me verbally that it would be accepted and I would get IX grades. One of my modules is clinical placement and I know I'll have to make that up over the summer and can't proceed to the next stage before that's complete, but what about the other modules? I have one assignment outstanding that I initially got a two week extension on but still didn't get it in on time and then I have two exams next month. Do I just sit the exams and hope for the best? I've done no work for them and I'm also the executor of Dad's estate so will be fairly busy trying to get that sorted. Can anyone advise on what will happen (my personal tutor has gone on sick leave but obviously I'll be in contact with the programme office, just want an idea of what might happen)? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pacni

An IX grade means that you are not expected to complete the exams this semester. In fact I would advise against doing so because then you will be given a grade based on your performance in the exam rather than an IX grade.

Depending on the course, the module coordinator will give you some sort of alternative assessment. This could be another exam or I have heard of people just being given an assignment/essay to do.

You can make up for anything you miss next semester.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Advertisement