Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family camping summer 2015?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tessat

Bordergap I absolutely agree about camping in Westport house, again I hated the lack of fridge/freezer facilities, for people going to Westport usually the trip from the east is long so means a few days and refrigeration is really a must.
    The camping field is really just a free for all, a big field camp where you find space.
    I like that their showers and changing area are warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Just back from Jordanstown Loughshore Park, an urban campsite in Newtownabbey, perfectly for doing Belfast and the Titanic Experience.

The positives are the fabulous location, with views over Belfast Lough, a gorgeous linear walk towards Belfast for a few miles, an amazing playground just outside the site but viewable from your pitch, a decent café onsite and lots of pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Modern facilities, but no campers kitchen. Small, only 20 spots, 16 for tourers and 4 for tents.

The negatives: traffic noise! It is situated at the side of a busy road into Belfast. The noise kept me awake the first night but I slept soundly the second and it wouldn't put me off returning. Also, the site is unmanned (it is run by the town council) and although it is very secure (large gates that you need to put a code into to enter and exit) it still felt a little odd. The most disappointing thing was the cleanliness of the toilets. They are cleaned once a day by someone onsite from 5pm for a couple of hours, but that's it till the next day. It's not enough, even for a small site.

I'd still highly recommend it though….we really enjoyed our stay.

Advertisement