Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB/FM personal radio

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

heldel00 wrote: »
    I think I may just forget about the idea of bringing a radio with me on a walk out in the countryside as Ireland just doesn't seem to have the systems for acceptable reception in place.

As I previously said, upgrading the Nokia seems to be the best idea!

Rather than forgetting about the idea of bringing a radio with you, why not just bring one with you and see what happens. It appears that you do not possess a radio, nor a car radio, but you have decided that Ireland doesn't have the systems for acceptable reception. The system for reception is a radio, try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Rather than forgetting about the idea of bringing a radio with you, why not just bring one with you and see what happens. It appears that you do not possess a radio, nor a car radio, but you have decided that Ireland doesn't have the systems for acceptable reception. The system for reception is a radio, try it.

Sometimes the logical suggestion is the best one :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭thelordgod

I dont see the need for 40 or 50 presets for a radio for going for walks with. I've only newstalk tuned in on the car radio and I manage quite well. On a portable receiver with built-in antenna I would imagine one would pick up 6-8 stations with sufficient signal strength to give a pleasurable experience. Back in the day a rotary dial with no presets did the job and it was a bonus to have VHF (FM).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Of course I have a radio smartarse and guess what - a car radio too! It even has a CD player!!!
    I'm looking to buy a handheld personal radio that people may have tried and that might work for me while out walking in the countryside.

What a really unhelpful post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

heldel00 wrote: »
    Of course I have a radio smartarse and guess what - a car radio too! It even has a CD player!!!
    I'm looking to buy a handheld personal radio that people may have tried and that might work for me while out walking in the countryside.

What a really unhelpful post!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-Sports-Personal-Digital-Loudspeaker/dp/B002YT8CXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430816924&sr=8-1&keywords=portable+dab+fm

There you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thank you Keith.

This is actually the one I had been looking at on argos website. Bit more expensive there but if it works I'll quite happily purchase. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

There is also another one which is about the size of a lighter, fairly cheap but not a great interface as only has a few plastic buttons.

On the plus side it's Li-on can be recharged off usb/laptop and does 5hrs on dab, (longer on fm), uses headphones as the antenna.
    Bush Pocket DAB/FM Radio - Black. 915/3219 34e. Bought one last year at sale price around 20e...

Advertisement