Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equaliser

Options
  • 15-04-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭

How would I go about getting myself put onto an equaliser? Direct Debits keep coming at the wrong time of the month for me. I'd prefer not to have to ring and go through menus :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi LollipopJimmy,

Thanks for your post.

If you're looking to set up the monthly equaliser payment method for electricity, you would need to be an existing customer with Electric Ireland with at least three previous bills. 

The equaliser is available for gas immediately; no previous bills are necessary.

The amount to be collected each month is calculated by the system and is fixed, but you get to choose your preferred date of collection (from the 1st to the 28th of each month). In some instances, a meter reading may be required to ensure the amount calculated is based on the most accurate and up to date usage data. 

After 12 months the monthly payment is reviewed, and any debit or credit balance will be included to calculate the next year's monthly amount.

Please feel free to send us your account details by private message if you'd like us to look into this further for you.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Hi LollipopJimmy,

Thanks for your post.

If you're looking to set up the monthly equaliser payment method for electricity, you would need to be an existing customer with Electric Ireland with at least three previous bills. 

The equaliser is available for gas immediately; no previous bills are necessary.

The amount to be collected each month is calculated by the system and is fixed, but you get to choose your preferred date of collection (from the 1st to the 28th of each month). In some instances, a meter reading may be required to ensure the amount calculated is based on the most accurate and up to date usage data. 

After 12 months the monthly payment is reviewed, and any debit or credit balance will be included to calculate the next year's monthly amount.

Please feel free to send us your account details by private message if you'd like us to look into this further for you.

Regards,
    David
    Hi David.

It's electric only I'm looking at and I've been a customer since last year.

I'll pm you the details now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi LollipopJimmy,

Thank you for confirming that.

We have your private message and we will respond as soon as we can.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement