Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information regarding F20 form

Options
  • 15-04-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions I have about this form, I'm under the illusion I can request the dates to be revealed on this letter I'm requesting, can anybody confirm this? On the form I have requested from March 2010 to March 2015

Also it says it cannot be construed as garda vetting, so what is its purpose? what can it be used for? I want to give it to an employer in London...

What exactly shows up on the form? Like for instance I was stopped for no tax three years ago, so the guard tells me to get my tax and go on... Next thing I get a summons in the bloody door stating that I never produced my licence within the 10 day period, so i ring this guard and tell him it was all a big misunderstanding, so eventually he says to meet him outside court and show him licence and tax and make sure all dates are in order, didn't even have to enter the courtroom which means it was thrown out,,, will this show up on this form? I'm sick with worry over this stupid Personal Data form...

I tried ringing twice today and was on hold for 40 mins first time then when I rang back they were closed... If anyone can share what they know about this form it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,942 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The form is a request, not a vetting. (And you have to include all dates, BTW).

You fill it in, but you cannot request it - the employer has to do that. And because they're based overseas, they can't. Instead, there's some sort of police clearance you can get from your local garda station - ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Glade87

You say I have to include all dates? I requested personal data from March 2010 to March 2015, Five years to the date at the time I sent it off, what do you mean by include all dates?

Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,942 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The form says "Please state ALL addresses from year of birth to present date"

and "Have you ever been convicted of an offence in the Republic of Ireland or elsewhere?"

... or at least the one I found here does: http://www.maristfathers.ie/images/uploads/docs/Garda_Vetting_Form.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Glade87

Ah I see, it's an F20 form I sent off, not a vetting form... I was wondering, hahaha you had me even more worried there... I don't have to get a vetting form. We got mixed up... Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement