Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

office unit uses?

Options
  • 15-04-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

We are currently looking at buying a office unit as it is very cheap and such a great location and it has planning as an office, my question is that is it ok to use it as a beauty salon?

Admin sorry do not have a clue where to put this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Normally offices don't have retail use. Check with the agent if not then they might be able to advise on whether they think a change in use would be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

jimmii wrote: »
    Normally offices don't have retail use. Check with the agent if not then they might be able to advise on whether they think a change in use would be possible.

Personally I wouldn't check anything with an agent, they will tell you what you want to hear and represent the seller only.

Ask your solicitor and check with planning officer etc.

If you do decide to purchase ask sellers agent to put in writing in the contract that sale is subject to planning change to beauty salon and watch him baulk.

Remember you can never believe the clock on the hand of somebody trying to sell you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

elastico wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't check anything with an agent, they will tell you what you want to hear and represent the seller only.

True once they get you signed that's all they care about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

ciza3 wrote: »
    We are currently looking at buying a office unit as it is very cheap and such a great location and it has planning as an office, my question is that is it ok to use it as a beauty salon?

Admin sorry do not have a clue where to put this.

Do you know exactly what planning use it has? If not, ask the local authority. If office use only you will need change of use and current rateable valuation will be invalid. it will take about 3-4 months to get change of use permission, if there are no objections etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ciza3

We have spoke with solicitor, he also said it would take months to change the use, We are ringing council, and awaiting a call back to see how likely it is that they will change the use, unfortunately we do not have time to wait for the change of use as there has been an offer on the property and he wants it sorted by the end of this week, they have told us it has planning an an office

• Advertisement
Advertisement