Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which desktop to get

Options
  • 15-04-2015 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

I currently have a MacBook air 2013 edition which I really like and find so neat and handy. But I kind of miss having a desktop around the place so I'm thinking of buying one so since its been a while getting anything windows based Id appreciate some advice.

So what I'm looking for:

- not necessarily high performance but not rediculously slow struggling to run the basics either.

- mainly used for browsing the web, excel, PowerPoint, word all the normal programs really.

- around a 20 inch monitor I want to just order everything together screen, pc, keyboard and mouse.

- as space is limited the smaller the better.

As it's not used for a whole lot I have a small budget under 500 all in ideally 400 euro.

So I was looking at this one the pentium processor bothers me abit should I be worried. So based on the link is this a good bad deal anyone have any other suggestions or advice thanks.

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-3646-small-desktop/pd?oc=cd64608&model_id=inspiron-3646-small-desktop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Can i ask you if you are the only one using it? is it just the screen size of the MacBook that is bothering you?

You could always just buy a monitor and hook the MacBook up to it when you get home, with a mouse and Keyboard too... I dunno realy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

STEINBERG wrote: »
    Can i ask you if you are the only one using it? is it just the screen size of the MacBook that is bothering you?

You could always just buy a monitor and hook the MacBook up to it when you get home, with a mouse and Keyboard too... I dunno realy

Ah it's not even about the screen size I really like my mac and how portable it is. But I would like to have a windows based machine and have no real
    Need for another laptop so thought desktop.

The only thing is by the looks of it the processor in the above link could be crap. Other that that it seems like a great package. But I am thinking maybe an i3 processor is needed as a minimum these days.

Advertisement