Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome cast spordically lagging

Options
  • 15-04-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭

So every so often our chrome cast which we use to stream shows to our TV lags to make the show pretty much unwatchable, we use to have Sky and never had this issue but since we got Eircom last year we noticed thie began happening and recently its gotten worse so wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this and any way to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

VinLieger wrote: »
    So every so often our chrome cast which we use to stream shows to our TV lags to make the show pretty much unwatchable, we use to have Sky and never had this issue but since we got Eircom last year we noticed thie began happening and recently its gotten worse so wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this and any way to fix it?
    Sorry to hear this VinLieger

If you would like to PM me your eircom land line number I'll run some tests to see if there any issues creating this issues. While I can't directly assist with your chromecast I will run through a few tests to check for possible line faults and interference.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If you would like to PM me your eircom land line number I'll run some tests to see if there any issues creating this issues. While I can't directly assist with your chromecast I will run through a few tests to check for possible line faults and interference.

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks! Im pretty sure its not a line fault and an issue with the router itself as when casting to the TV the stream visible on the laptop remains steady and its a only the TV stream that is lagging which indicates there's a problem between the laptop and chrome cast that are connecting to each other through the router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks! Im pretty sure its not a line fault and an issue with the router itself as when casting to the TV the stream visible on the laptop remains steady and its a only the TV stream that is lagging which indicates there's a problem between the laptop and chrome cast that are connecting to each other through the router
    Cheers VinLieger,

The best advice I can offer in that case is to contact technical support and perhaps request a change in wireless channels. Support can be contacted on WebChat www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on 1890260260

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement