Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice italian restaurants?

Options
  • 15-04-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Will be in dublin soon for a weekend and wanted to book a nice italian restaurant for the sat night. Any recommendations?:)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I went to La Caverna in Temple Bar recently and was quite impressed. Was waiting a bit for the food to come out, but other than that the service was very good and the food was excellent.

I'm far from an expert on the subject though :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Dunne & Crescenzi on South Frederick Street is a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Terre Madre on Bachelors Walk is proper Italian. Great place, mismatched glasses, plates and cutlery. It's all about the food. Don't expect pizza or simple pasta dishes... They're doing unusual, creative stuff with a heavy emphasis on traditional farmhouse food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Cant beat Romano's on Capel Street for lipsmacking good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

+1 for Terre Madre, proper authentic food but it's a very limited menu. Il Vicoletto is fab too with a €25 all night three course menu. I'm also a fan of Toscana Dame street (though tables are very close together) and Wallace's Taverna in the Italian Quarter for something casual.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Terre Madre on Bachelors Walk is proper Italian. Great place, mismatched glasses, plates and cutlery. It's all about the food. Don't expect pizza or simple pasta dishes... They're doing unusual, creative stuff with a heavy emphasis on traditional farmhouse food.

Just came in to recommend this place.

No bruschetta/pasta/pizza or beer. Small wine selection and delishes food

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I like Il Primo on Montague Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Il Vicoletto is fantastic on Crow St, just at the edge of Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Toscana across from Dublin castle

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Etto on Merrion Row is really good. Not pasta and pizza just really good Italian cooking

• Advertisement
Advertisement