Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won't be ringing you for a quote again!!!

Options
  • 15-04-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

A few weeks ago, I started shopping around for different car insurance quotes, as my(then)current policy was due for renewal.

Having rung around a couple of places, someone suggested that I give Liberty a call.

I did this, and was utterly shocked at their "response" to my wanting a quote.

They said that they could not give me a quote because my car was showing up as not being taxed!

I explained that, as I am a person with a disability, I do not have to pay tax under the scheme available. I will NEVER be going back to Liberty for a quote again!!

Shame on you!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

A few weeks ago, I started shopping around for different car insurance quotes, as my(then)current policy was due for renewal.

Having rung around a couple of places, someone suggested that I give Liberty a call.

They said that they could not give me a quote because my car was showing up as not being taxed!

I explained that, as I am a person with a disability, I do not have to pay tax under the scheme available.  I will NEVER be going back to Liberty for a quote again!!  

Shame on you!
    Hi Mental Mickey,
    I wish to apologise for this experience and would like to investigate it further. If you PM me your details or your quote reference number I can look into it for you.
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

I explained that, as I am a person with a disability, I do not have to pay tax under the scheme available.  I will NEVER be going back to Liberty for a quote again!!  

Shame on you!
    get over yourself!
    suppose its a cast for a discount or some special service?

Really hope Liberty don't fall for this and OP can trawl some other social media pages of companies for discounts and freebies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    get over yourself!

Really hope Liberty don't fall for this and OP can trawl some other social media pages of companies for discounts and freebies
    Thats a bit harsh. even if they were trying to get a better deal, which i doubt, is it any of your business? Do you shout a people in the supermarket queue if they have a voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

wha?

OP was "utterly shocked" because they didnt show as being taxed on the system.
    Seems like a simple enough error - you have a disability and therefore car shows up as not being taxed - car not taxed- cant give quote.

Hardly worth starting a thread and posting on social media with dramatic vocabulary and capital letters to convey the outrage.

Im sure this could of been done in a short and civil conversation at the time and everyone could of had a jolly old laugh about it , update the auld details and get a quote.

I would indeed wince at someone in the supermarket if they were playing a race/gender/disability/sex etc card when it was completely irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

wha?

OP was "utterly shocked" because they didnt show as being taxed on the system.
    Seems like a simple enough error - you have a disability and therefore car shows up as not being taxed - car not taxed- cant give quote.

Hardly worth starting a thread and posting on social media with dramatic vocabulary and capital letters to convey the outrage.

Im sure this could of been done in a short and civil conversation at the time and everyone could of had a jolly old laugh about it , update the auld details and get a quote.

I would indeed wince at someone in the supermarket if they were playing a race/gender/disability/sex etc card when it was completely irrelevant.
    You're conveying a fair share of outrage yourself, Sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 despatton

Just a thought, but I wonder what genius decided to couple the issuance of insurance with road tax in the first place.  If you insist on interconnecting everything with everything we're heading for trouble, because when mistakes are made, they affect more and more systems.  Sure, I can see the convenience for the government, enlisting insurers for police work, but I'm not sure how that serves society.  Quite frankly, the road tax system is simply stupid in this country.  No other word for it.  STUPID.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

get over yourself!

Get over myself??? Pot. Kettle. Black.

Advertisement