Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How soon can you take a pregnancy test if not sure on dates?

Options
  • 15-04-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I came off the pill for a break after being on it for years and my boyfriend and I had a mishap on april 5th. I took the morning after pill about 30 hours later but read that it isnt always successful.

So its been 10 days since possible conception (there's no way I could have been pregnant from before this date) and I have no idea what exact date my last period started/ended but if I had to guess I'd say it was in early march (although not at all sure) so as I don't know if i'm late or not yet when could/should I take a home pregnancy test to get an accurate result?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Usually about 14 days after ovulation is when a pregnancy test would start to become positive (they say to test from the day your period would be due which is usually, in a normal 28 day cycle, 2 weeks after ovulation which is why they call it the two week wait if you're trying to conceive). First Response brand pregnancy tests are the most sensitive to the pregnancy hormone HCG so if you are pregnant and your last period was possibly in early March then you should be able to get a positive test if you are pregnant.

Advertisement