Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond savage with Eircom-new install

Options
  • 15-04-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I ordered a new line install 82 days ago and of course its still not installed. KN have been out 5 times and still no service. Nothing from eircom despite numerous calls, promises of call backs, promises of dates. Every appointment has come and gone with absolutely NOTHING done and I'm sick of it. How you are allowed to treat customers and prospect customers is stupid. Within the last week I've had an appointment for the 10th come and go with not even a call to say they wouldn't be out. I rang at 2pm Friday and promised it was down for install for that day after checking with wholesale - an all day appointment upto 6pm was promised and no show. I rang first thing Monday morning, was promised a call back before close of business Monday, yep, you guessed that one too- no answer. Tuesday came and eircom ring asking did anyone contact me with an appointment date which they hadn't so the nice girl said she'd contact me back. Not one to let things ly I rang KN myself who informed me I had an appointment for today (Wednesday)- still no contact from eircom. KN come out and don't install the line. I was told it was because he didn't know where the pit was to connect the lines down the road. This was the problem since day one!! Each call from KN and eircom I've asked have they found the pit which appears to be the problem from day one and I'm told yes they have found it and everything is good to go.

Fast forward to today and KN call this morning and say they can't find the pit and that the nearest poles have 10 connections on it and that I would be the 11th connection so they can't put it there. I am beyond savage with eircom now and your appalling customer service. I want a definate answer on when you propose to install the line. Give me a date please, even if its a month from now so I know eircom will take the time to sort your own mess out, whatever needs to be done in the background first instead of telling me its going to be this day its going to be that day, me taking days off work (unpaid) to be at home only for your installers to not turn up or turn up and not complete the work. 

I've raised this already with Comreg but here too for documentation and a paper trail now at this stage. I'm going to send my a/c number on through PM to Tony now if someone would be so good as to get me a solid update please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

furious15 wrote: »
    I ordered a new line install 82 days ago and of course its still not installed. KN have been out 5 times and still no service. Nothing from eircom despite numerous calls, promises of call backs, promises of dates. Every appointment has come and gone with absolutely NOTHING done and I'm sick of it. How you are allowed to treat customers and prospect customers is stupid. Within the last week I've had an appointment for the 10th come and go with not even a call to say they wouldn't be out. I rang at 2pm Friday and promised it was down for install for that day after checking with wholesale - an all day appointment upto 6pm was promised and no show. I rang first thing Monday morning, was promised a call back before close of business Monday, yep, you guessed that one too- no answer. Tuesday came and eircom ring asking did anyone contact me with an appointment date which they hadn't so the nice girl said she'd contact me back. Not one to let things ly I rang KN myself who informed me I had an appointment for today (Wednesday)- still no contact from eircom. KN come out and don't install the line. I was told it was because he didn't know where the pit was to connect the lines down the road. This was the problem since day one!! Each call from KN and eircom I've asked have they found the pit which appears to be the problem from day one and I'm told yes they have found it and everything is good to go.

Fast forward to today and KN call this morning and say they can't find the pit and that the nearest poles have 10 connections on it and that I would be the 11th connection so they can't put it there. I am beyond savage with eircom now and your appalling customer service. I want a definate answer on when you propose to install the line. Give me a date please, even if its a month from now so I know eircom will take the time to sort your own mess out, whatever needs to be done in the background first instead of telling me its going to be this day its going to be that day, me taking days off work (unpaid) to be at home only for your installers to not turn up or turn up and not complete the work. 

I've raised this already with Comreg but here too for documentation and a paper trail now at this stage. I'm going to send my a/c number on through PM to Tony now if someone would be so good as to get me a solid update please.
    Hi furious15
    I have received your PM and will have this investigated immediately. I will have to speak with KN techs also so likely to be Friday before I have reply. But we will get some clarity on why this was not resolved sooner and how it will be resolved now.
    I will be back as soon as possible.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 furious15

I'll help ye out here guys :) seen as I've gotten nowhere so far I spend an hour searching the other day and found yer pit that no one could seem to find, though it wasn't actually too hard (it is by an ESB pole). Also worth noting that my neighbour who ordered a line in Feb, so after my order, has now gotten their line done as of last week. Can you organise a priority appointment with KN please? A follow up call would be appreciated too if you wouldn't mind please. 

Thanks 

Advertisement