Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovate Bathroom - ballpark figure

Options
  • 16-04-2015 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure whether to go for total renovation, and if that would cost enough to come under the Home Renovation Scheme, or just do the minimum, so just looking for a ballpark figure if that's possible.

The bathroom is 265X205cm.

Minimum:
    It needs, urgently, a new toilet. Less urgently, it needs a shower/mixer tap just for hair-washing and rinsing after a bath, not a proper stand-up shower.

Total renovation:
    Could do with: having old tiles removed and new bath plus electric shower plus new tiles around the bath. New sink with taps. New toilet. Socket for shaver. (It's on a landing so no sockets at all on that level, only on ground or first floor.) Plain white tiles is what I want, maybe subway style.

I'm not sure about tiling the floor, so cold on the feet! Am happy enough with vinyl. The toilet is adjacent to the bathroom and I want to keep it separate, but a tiny sink in there would be good.

Any and all advice and opinions welcome, but ballpark figures are my main interest. I have 1k to spend, would have to take out a loan for any more, and I'm squeezed enough financially as it is.

Advertisement