Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBoy Kar98

Options
  • 16-04-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Dear all,

I have a bit of a problem - I managed to get a gas powered full wood version of the DBoys Kar98 - it's about as real as you'll get to the real thing.

As I love to sit and ram through shots I managed to break the bolt where there saftey and striker connect in. There is a groove cut to hold both the striker and the bolt to gether and this snapped.

It looks like a small welding job to fix but I've no idea where to look or who to ask so boards.ie came to mine.

Anyone any ideas. Thanks! I'll post a picture shortly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Your probably better off in the long run replacing the part as the metal in these replicas are often sh1t metal castings that don't take a weld very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Thanks thermo, its pretty sucky alright and was bound to break some time.

Advertisement