Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approximate cost of conveyance in Dublin area?

Options
  • 16-04-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought a house recently? Looking for a rough idea of cost. Have been quoted 2k to 3k fixed plus costs

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Has anyone bought a house recently? Looking for a rough idea of cost. Have been quoted 2k to 3k fixed plus costs

Not bought but selling quoted €1250 fixed. I emailed about 6 or 7 for quotes of the ones that got back to me ranged from about 1700 to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

2014 price

Approx 1000 + VAT + outlays paid to sol near Sussex road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We paid about €1800 late last year - that included making a will too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

We paid 800 + vat for conveyancing, wills & co ownership agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

€2050 including all outlays and vat but not stamp duty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Don't remember, but I seem to remember around €1,900. But there were extras. Some additional searches and re-registering with the somethingorother because of the age of the house, blahdiblah. Whatever it was, the prices were fixed by the Law Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

sarkozy wrote: »
    Don't remember, but I seem to remember around €1,900. But there were extras. Some additional searches and re-registering with the somethingorother because of the age of the house, blahdiblah. Whatever it was, the prices were fixed by the Law Society.

Everybody, please note that fees are no longer fixed by the Law Society.

Each sol is free to charge what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Geuze wrote: »
    Everybody, please note that fees are no longer fixed by the Law Society.

Each sol is free to charge what they like.

i think they were referring to the additional search fees and registration fees not the solicitors professional fees. Search fees are fixed (not by the law society though), the solicitor just passes them on to the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Thanks everyone.

Managed to get 1200 plus vat and extras which is ok

Advertisement