Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Someone has to tell the Warriors that they are in the western finals, playing very poorly

Someone did it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Someone did it seems.

I know, went on a great run.
    Rockets are doing well, ariza could be a big player in the series, livingston is playing great off the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I would love to spend just one night with Steph Curry's mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Harden and that step back jumper is near impossible to defend!

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I would love to spend just one night with Steph Curry's mum.

Hahaha, I said the same thing earlier !!!

Harden could win this game on his own, they can't stop him, double him and they got great shooters open that will knock down open shots all day long

• Advertisement

Phew, big sigh of relief.
    Not a great game but a win is a win.
    Livingston was the game changer for me, was fantastic all game, bit disapointed with thompson, just not at the races in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

of the 30 number one picks of the lottery area only 2 have won an nba championship with the team that drafted them.

can anyone name them off the top of there head?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

nerd69 wrote: »
    of the 30 number one picks of the lottery area only 2 have won an nba championship with the team that drafted them.

can anyone name them off the top of there head?

Hakeem is definitely one. For the second one I'm thinking Robinson, but did he go first?

mixery wrote: »
    Hakeem is definitely one. For the second one I'm thinking Robinson, but did he go first?

nope hakeem was the year before the lottery. robinson was the first yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

nope hakeem was the year before the lottery. robinson was the first yes

Duncan would have to be the other, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Paully D wrote: »

Yes

Paully D wrote: »

yup nailed it both spurs players.

if the cavs win that will be doubled (lebron/irving)

it just goes to show getting the number one overall pick means **** all if you can't build a team around them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I don't know what it's gonna take for me to view the Hawks as a top team. The numbers speak for themselves this year but then I'm still shocked to see them favourites tonight, as they should be though.

I don't know what it's gonna take for me to view the Hawks as a top team. The numbers speak for themselves this year but then I'm still shocked to see them favourites tonight, as they should be though.

I'm the same i think its because even though they have 4 all stars they dont seem to have "that guy" even the spurs who played team ball had duncan i dont think the hawks have that clear when the chips are down look to him leader

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm the same i think its because even though they have 4 all stars they dont seem to have "that guy"

Bloody hell man. Give me time. I'm only new this basketball lark.... ;)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bloody hell man. Give me time. I'm only new this basketball lark.... ;)

:D touche

Those Warriors will be the death of me, dramatic finish again. Really could of gone either way in the end, I am sure the last play will be the major talking point and that the Rockets should of taken a time out but you got arguably the best fast break player on the ball with 9 seconds or so left, he'll yea I let him try and win it, curry and Thompson did well to bottle him up.

Have been a bit disappointed with Klay but he is excepting so much energy on trying to guard Harden, it's hard for him to get going. Harden is playing out of his skin, unstoppable at times.

Make no mistake, this series is far from over, warriors scraped by these games, no shame in that, it's western finals, it ain't meant to be easy but rockets should be confident they can hold home court, they are not playing bad.

Can't see the rockets doing it to be honest they are playing a team that actually has depth this round as the series goes on I can see golden state getting stronger and the rockets Tireing a bit

Can't see the rockets doing it to be honest they are playing a team that actually has depth this round as the series goes on I can see golden state getting stronger and the rockets Tireing a bit

I am going to be a pesamist to the very end ;)
    I agree that the warriors depth is a major deciding factor in this series, the bench have been superb the past two games, in sync with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Harden thought great I've a open man to my right not realising it was Howard lol. Imagine Howard took that 3 though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Reckon Clevland against tonight tbh. Be my bet anyway. Waiting to hear about Kyrie first though .

Hopefully means extended minutes for JR if he doesnt play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Well that is the Eastern Conference done and dusted anyway!!!
    I think that Houston will win at home tonight. Hopefully they make a series out of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Both games are done in all honesty.

The East is a complete and utter joke. Kevin Love has been out for almost all of the playoffs, Kyrie has been playing on one leg for almost all of the playoffs, and yet no one has been able to put it up to Cleveland at all, not even a virtually fully healthy Bulls team. They're a very good team of course (anyone having LeBron obviously is) but to coast through like that while only having 1.5 of their best 3 players says a lot about the conference.

Hypothetically, how far in the playoffs do that battered and bruised Cavs roster go in the West playoffs?

The Finals should be a great matchup however, and you'd have to be a very cruel man to begrudge those Cavs fans of a title. My dislike for LeBron has faded so much since he left Miami, it's strange :pac:

in fairness i think the bulls are as good as the west teams outside of that your right though. in theory next year at least the central division could be amazing but not much will change outside of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

Pretty bizarre that Dellavadova gets kicked and elbowed and everyone is questioning HIM for being dirty.

I mean the only thing he's done wrong IMO was trapping Gibsons leg, but that was harmless and he got a deserved technical foul for it.
    The incident last night - Horford is dragging his arm down, he tries to stay on his feet but trips over Carroll. Then he cops an elbow to the head and still doesn't retaliate.
    Finally, insult to injury, he gets a tech for it.
    I couldn't believe it. Neither could Reggie on commentary, but post-game the media are all asking is Dellavadova dirty? NOT is Horford dirty?

Now, I don't think either player is dirty, but it was Horford with the punk elbow to a man on the ground. Weird that he escapes criticism.

Maybe it's just easier to call a little known role player dirty than an all star.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

BQQ wrote: »
    Pretty bizarre that Dellavadova gets kicked and elbowed and everyone is questioning HIM for being dirty.

I mean the only thing he's done wrong IMO was trapping Gibsons leg, but that was harmless and he got a deserved technical foul for it.
    The incident last night - Horford is dragging his arm down, he tries to stay on his feet but trips over Carroll. Then he cops an elbow to the head and still doesn't retaliate.
    Finally, insult to injury, he gets a tech for it.
    I couldn't believe it. Neither could Reggie on commentary, but post-game the media are all asking is Dellavadova dirty? NOT is Horford dirty?

Now, I don't think either player is dirty, but it was Horford with the punk elbow to a man on the ground. Weird that he escapes criticism.

Maybe it's just easier to call a little known role player dirty than an all star.

Yeah I can't get over it. How anyone could blame that on Delly is beyond me. There was nothing he did on that play. He was dragged to the ground and then Horford elbowed him. If it was the other way round some people would be calling for a multi-game suspension for Delly.

In case people didn't see it. Link here :)

Warriors v houston on sat was shocking, houston should be highly embarrassed by that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

Warriors v houston on sat was shocking, houston should be highly embarrassed by that performance.

Game 2 knocked the stuffing out of them.
    They looked like they were still dazed from it.

They might muster enough fight to take game 4, but it's definitely not going beyond 5 games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I don't know about ye but I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed from these conference finals. The fact that we could have 2 sweeps is going more towards a certainty than a possibility.

Thought Golden State/Houston would be a fantastic series but Houston have been playing some awful ball and the Warriors (particularly Steph) have torched them for it. Wouldn't surprise me seeing GS close it out tonight

As was said by PizzamanIRL, the Hawks are a struggle to take as a serious #1 seed. The fact that the Cavs have started without Kyrie in the last few games & are still without K Love and have a 3-0 series lead is saying 2 things. 1) The Cavs bench has stepped up big time and 2) The Hawks have 4 All Stars but their bench has been brutal this series. Again, wouldn't shock me to see the brooms out tomorrow night at The Q.

• Advertisement

Playoffs in general so far have been poor to be honest outside of 1 or 2 series

Advertisement