Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw it's some old lad stacking chairs and standing on them high above the court. If he falls it won't be pretty.

Well he didn't brain himself. Agile enough for an old lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

^ greatest halftime report ever :D

D2D wrote: »
    ^ greatest halftime report ever :D

I take it you were watching it aswell D2D ?

The cavs scream team ? Hahaha Jesus that's something else.

• Advertisement

The Swedish Larry bird.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I take it you were watching it aswell D2D ?

Yep, had to double check I was actually watching it

17 point game with 8:19 left in the game.

12 point game.

Kyrie's on fire, 28 points of 10-19 shooting

• Advertisement

TOR's Ujiri Fined $35,000 for using obscene language in a public setting on April 18, and Raptors organization fined $25,000.

Cavs win 113-100, Game 2 in Cleveland on Tuesday

Cavs win 113-100, Game 2 in Cleveland on Tuesday

Caves had an answer every time the C's got it close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

TOR's Ujiri Fined $35,000 for using obscene language in a public setting on April 18, and Raptors organization fined $25,000.

Playoffs are becoming expensive or Ujiri.

Hawks up by 10 at the half, 55-45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Hawks up by 10 at the half, 55-45

That's one series I won't be bothered watching.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    That's one series I won't be bothered watching.

I'm only taking a passing interest in this game tbh. Hawks ball movement is incredible though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

More like this series. Surprized with Portland :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

I'm sorry i went with the hawks in my bracket.
    Really felt the Nets were a danger for them, but decided home court might just be enough for Atlanta.

Even though the Nets lost last night, I'm even more convinced they can cause an upset.
    Lopez has such a huge advantage over anyone who guards him.
    It's criminal that he only got 7 shots last night and there was still only about 8 pts in it at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Btw it's some old lad stacking chairs and standing on them high above the court. If he falls it won't be pretty.

I much preferred the Cleveland Mascot's take on the act in the third quarter

He was doing his thing at half time on Saturday in Chicago and on Sunday in Cleveland. Same bloody routine.

The kissing camera, so old.

Why are Americans so quick to make utter workers of themselves when a camera comes on them?

• Advertisement

What? Again?

What did he say this time

Sounds rather disproportionate and a huge sum for just words. Does NBA pluck out the figures out of their ass?
    What crime did he break? How did it bring the league into disrepute. Where's the soul man?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Some random thoughts on the opening weekend...

- The Eastern Conference 1st round isn't great, is it? Three series look like foregone conclusions, and while game 1 of Raptors-Wizards was exciting, the standard wasn't great for a 4-5 seed.

- If the Raptors lose in round one, they need to fire their coach. They look mismanaged to me, and Valnciunas in particular looks under-utilised. He played just 24 mins, and the Wizards killed them on the boards, with 19 offensive rebounds.

- Bit of a surprise last night with the Clippers beating the Spurs fairly comfortably. I thought the Clips won it with their defense....DeAndre swatting shots inside, and also some great perimeter defense.

- Is Splitter hurt? He played just 10 mins, while Aron Baynes played 20 off the bench.

- It was partly an off-night for the Spurs, missed some good looks. I still like them to win the series, but they're in a real fight now, and exiting in round 1 is a possibility.

- I don't get as excited about dunks as I did when I was a kid, but I liked this one...

- I didn't see any of Mavs-Rockets or Grizzlies-Blazers, anyone watch them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Series odds after game 1:

Hawks 1/35 vs. Nets
    Cavs 1/100 vs. Celtics
    Bulls 1/18 vs. Bucks
    Wizards 4/6 vs. Raptors

Warriors 1/85 vs. Pelicans
    Rockets 1/4 vs. Mavs
    Clippers 10/11 vs. Spurs
    Grizzlies 2/9 vs. Blazers

Celtics played well for most part. They got rattled and frustrated by the third quarter and collapsed, expediently. my god they really do need a rim protector and more help defensively

I guess it's next to impossible to find a big who can (a) shoot free throws consistently (b) rebound at both ends (c) defend (d) post up offensively and be able to take a score or give accurate passes to the presenters from the post.

The only one who can still do it is Tim Duncan and his free throwing is iffy. Lamarcus Aldridge is normally the man, but his shooting was awful last night (thumb injury catching up?) Of course young Gasol is improving.

What the hell are the Americans teaching these kids anymore? It can't be all because of tactics. If you got a power forward or centre who has the skill and physicality, like De Marcus Cousins (love it if Celtics could go after him, if it was possible) you pound the ball down low And let them work.

This hope and pray three jump shooting and low per centage jump shoots are frustrating. That's what Celtics had to resort to at the beginning of the third quarter

I dint care how talented Thomas is, its a bad reflection on basketball if your best scorer is a small guy (I know Kelly played well) or a talented shooter getting points via free throws (Harden)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/04/20/lou-williams-wins-2014-14-kia-sixth-man-award/index.html
    Lou Will named 6th man of the year with 502 points
    Isaiah Thomas 2nd with 324
    Jamal Crawford with 131

Isaiah had this to say about it:
    Congrats to Lou Will… All I’m going to say is numbers don’t lie. Congrats to him, he deserves it.

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/590200943876055040

Well, apparently numbers did lie

Player comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/04/20/lou-williams-wins-2014-14-kia-sixth-man-award/index.html
    Jamal Crawford with 131

Player comparison

Now the real competition, who's going to be Lou's 6th bird of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Jamal Crawford with 131

Player comparison

I like Isaiah Thomas, but IMO Lou Williams was the right call.
    Isaiah has a slight advantage in shooting%, points per game and rebounds, but he turns it over way more, has less steals and less win shares.

It was a close call. Probably the fact that he won more games swung it in Williams favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Very good game in Oakland tonight, final score kind of flatters the Warriors a bit because the Pelicans pushed them all the way and in my opinion were probably the better team for the most part.
    Warriors had too much depth and were able to hit the big shots when it mattered.
    Anthony Davis is outstanding, he just looks so good, he can do it all, Warriors just couldn't handle him at all, Pelicans should of put more through him, he just demands so much attention and he is quick, he can post up virtually anywhere, do a quick move and he has his man beaten for an easy basket or he gets fouled, he is able to hit free throws too.

Pelicans did well to not let the Warriors build a lead cos the Warriors are a team that hits you for a quick 15 points in 3 mins and before you know it, you are chasing the game.

I think the West could be a coin toss at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

I would really appreciate it if you at least attempted to join the conversation on here about the league rather than making your first appearance to promote something external to the site and forum

Gotcha - sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

padraig_f wrote: »
    Some random thoughts on the opening weekend...

- The Eastern Conference 1st round isn't great, is it? Three series look like foregone conclusions, and while game 1 of Raptors-Wizards was exciting, the standard wasn't great for a 4-5 seed.

- If the Raptors lose in round one, they need to fire their coach. They look mismanaged to me, and Valnciunas in particular looks under-utilised. He played just 24 mins, and the Wizards killed them on the boards, with 19 offensive rebounds.

How much of the crappy shooting was down to the early start time? I've always felt that the early afternoon tip-off games lacked in execution.

I want the Wizards coach gone no matter who wins. Did you guys see this yet? https://vine.co/v/ezttEPM33jn

Advertisement