Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Upgrades

Options
  • 16-04-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I got a letter about an eircom engineer coming to upgrade my line next week. I spoke to a girl on the phone who said it is to install a new modem.

This doesn't make sense.

The girl I was speaking with said there were details available on eircom.net, but I cant find these anywhere.

Can eircom advise me of what exactly is going on with these upgrades? Is it as simple as running fibre to the home alongside the exiting copper, and putting in a router for that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

Okay, will answer my own question here.

Turns out it was just a new modem, indeed replacing the one I already had, along with a friendly technician guy to ensure that everything is installed correctly.

Nice job Eircom! On the face of it it just looks like a "gift" to customers, which in this day and age is sadly something one has got used to being skeptical about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jumbo wrote: »
    Okay, will answer my own question here.

Turns out it was just a new modem, indeed replacing the one I already had, along with a friendly technician guy to ensure that everything is installed correctly.

Nice job Eircom! On the face of it it just looks like a "gift" to customers, which in this day and age is sadly something one has got used to being skeptical about.
    Apologies for the delays jumbo

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will clarify further.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

That's no problem Alan, I wrote my answer for the benefit of others who might wish to learn from my experiences.

I don't think I need to contact you directly.

Best Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jumbo wrote: »
    That's no problem Alan, I wrote my answer for the benefit of others who might wish to learn from my experiences.

I don't think I need to contact you directly.

Best Regards
    No worries jumbo - should you need my help with anything feel free to get back to me

Al

Advertisement