Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re: learning English in Galway

Options
  • 16-04-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

An Italian friend wants to come to Ireland to learn English. I would probably class her as somewhere between beginner and intermediate in terms of spoken English.

She was asking for recommended cities other than Dublin, and I thought Galway would be a great spot to live for a few months.

Are there any good English schools in the City that anyone would recommend? Possibly where accommodation is also provided in the price?

Also, how is the service industry doing at the moment, would she have much trouble getting a part time job as a waitress or something like that?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In the summer we get tons of Spanish kids here learning English so there are schools. I think they learn with Atlantic Language.
    Your friend can also join www.facebook.com/GalwayLingo multilingual meetups.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I'm an english teacher in the city, send me a pm if you like for info

Advertisement