Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing a current account without Visa Debit card

Options
  • 16-04-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi there,

I lost my Visa Debit card and had to order a new one. Is there anyway to access cash without having to go to a branch as my working hours are the same as your opening hours?

Edit: Even today when you're open until 5, I don't finish until 5.30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi there,

I lost my Visa Debit card and had to order a new one. Is there anyway to access cash without having to go to a branch as my working hours are the same as your opening hours?

Hi smiley_face400,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

To withdraw cash when you have no access to a Visa Debit card, you would need to visit your nearest branch with your account details and photo ID. Regrettably it would not be possible to withdraw cash from your account via another method. Otherwise you would need to wait for your new card to arrive. 

Please find the opening hours of your nearest branch here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Similar to question the one above.

Am waiting on a replacement visa debit card, have to go to Belfast next week.

Is it possible for an irish account holder to withdraw cash over the counter at a BOI branch in Northern Ireland ?

thanking you

Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi there,

Hi Smiley_face400,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If you have family or friends with a Bank of Ireland account, one option might be to transfer to that account on BOI 365 Online and then they could withdraw the funds at an ATM for you. If it's a case that you do not have a particular payee registered on 365 Online and have your mobile number registered to receive activation codes, you can register the payee and make the transfer a few minutes later.

I hope this helps.

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Mac 3 wrote: »
    Similar to question the one above.

Am waiting on a replacement visa debit card, have to go to Belfast next week.

Is it possible for an irish account holder to withdraw cash over the counter at a BOI branch in Northern Ireland ?

thanking you

Mac
    Hi Mac,

Thanks for your post.

It is not possible to withdraw from a Euro account at the counter in a Northern Ireland branch.

If you can visit a branch before you travel with photo Id, you can make a withdrawal over the counter.

Alternatively, as I mentioned to smiley_face400, one option might be to transfer to a friend or family member's BOI account on 365 Online and ask them to withdraw funds at an ATM.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement