Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Alarm

Options
  • 16-04-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi, mothers in law has Aritech alarm panel that I need to look at for her.

She reports the following problems:

Low battery warning
    Fuse fault warning (words to that affect)
    Alarm sounding intermittent when she is in house and the alarm is not set.

Hopefully just the battery? If so can I just replace With same battery?

If not how can I turn off alarm system altogether in the meantime?

It's a 10/15 year old Aritech system.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes , you can replace like with like either of these batteries
    mXO8MLR51zilMO_FehjP2nA.jpg
    NP7_12__68412.1405538365.380.500.jpg?c=2

The 7 amp is the better battery as it will last longer, but it can be a tight fit in a CS350 depending on the wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes , you can replace like with like either of these batteries
    mXO8MLR51zilMO_FehjP2nA.jpg
    NP7_12__68412.1405538365.380.500.jpg?c=2

The 7 amp is the better battery as it will last longer, but it can be a tight fit in a CS350 depending on the wiring.

Great, Thanks!
    Do you think it will cure all problems listed above?

Not sure if it's a CS350 but definitely Aritech 10-15 years old. It would be great if I could buy that battery without checking panel first as she is 60 miles away. Chance it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi, mothers in law has Aritech alarm panel that I need to look at for her.

She reports the following problems:

Low battery warning
    Fuse fault warning (words to that affect)
    Alarm sounding intermittent when she is in house and the alarm is not set.

Hopefully just the battery? If so can I just replace With same battery?

If not how can I turn off alarm system altogether in the meantime?

It's a 10/15 year old Aritech system.

Thanks!

The Fuse fault warning would be a fuse blown in the panel.
    You would need to check these with a meter.

345519.JPG

altor wrote: »
    The Fuse fault warning would be a fuse blown in the panel.
    You would need to check these with a meter.

345519.JPG

Thanks for info! Starting to get a bit complicated so.

Her main problem is alarm sounding intermittent when it is off. Is this likely fuse or battery? If I replace battery for now will that solve the alarm sounding do you think?

Thanks for info! Starting to get a bit complicated so.

Her main problem is alarm sounding intermittent when it is off. Is this likely fuse or battery? If I replace battery for now will that solve the alarm sounding do you think?

It may be the battery pulling the power off a device while trying to charge that is causing the alarm to trigger. I would like to know what fuse is blown tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We are presuming its an Aritech CS350, If its a CD 72 or the likes then the message would be Fuse1/low Battery. This would mean there may not be a fuse blown.Another point to note is if the battery fuse is blown then you wouldn't get the low power issues.
    The 7amp battery will definitively be OK for any other of the panels.
    Is the panel a large rectangular metal box or a smaller PVC box?
    Disconnect the existing battery & see if that stops the alerts either way.
    The first step is to replace the battery anyway & see if there are any further issues. Also bear in mind with these panels the low battery can take 10 minutes or more to clear sometimes.

We are presuming its an Aritech CS350, If its a CD 72 or the likes then the message would be Fuse1/low Battery. This would mean there may not be a fuse blown.Another point to note is if the battery fuse is blown then you wouldn't get the low power issues.
    The 7amp battery will definitively be OK for any other of the panels.
    Is the panel a large rectangular metal box or a smaller PVC box?
    Disconnect the existing battery & see if that stops the alerts either way.
    The first step is to replace the battery anyway & see if there are any further issues. Also bear in mind with these panels the low battery can take 10 minutes or more to clear sometimes.

I think it's a metal rectangular box. It's in the attic so she can't check herself. Is metal CS350?

I think it's a metal rectangular box. It's in the attic so she can't check herself. Is metal CS350?

More than likely a 450 then

If so here is the fuse location for the 450.
    When you open the system the alarm will activate but simply put in your user code to silence.

345521.JPG

Just had a look inside my own ATS2000A to see if I could see fuses to practice testing with multimeter before I drive down to her. Don't see any fuses in mine? Will they be easy to identify in her older type. Am I looking for a regular type fuse.

• Advertisement

Just had a look inside my own ATS2000A to see if I could see fuses to practice testing with multimeter before I drive down to her. Don't see any fuses in mine? Will they be easy to identify in her older type. Am I looking for a regular type fuse?

Just had a look inside my own ATS2000A to see if I could see fuses to practice testing with multimeter before I drive down to her. Don't see any fuses in mine? Will they be easy to identify in her older type. Am I looking for a regular type fuse?

Its an ATS alright. These have re-settable fuses.
    If you change the battery and still have the fuse fault then you will need to disconnect the wired devices power from the 12v supply to see which one is causing the issue.

I think he means his own system is an ATS. A rectangular metal box is more than likely a CS450 or a CD72 . I think both of these display the fault Fuse1 /Low Battery.

If its the metal box pick up a 7 amp battery & swap that out. That may well sort all your problems. If not we will see whats left.
    Also bear in mind if you are testing continuity on the fuses remove them from the PCB first.

There are actually very few fuses you will need to test.
    The Keypad is on so thats OK.
    If theres no SAB (External Bell) fault thats probably OK
    If you have power on PiRs etc Aux power is OK. etc...

Great info all much appreciated!

Will let you know how I get on.

very kind people!

very kind people!
    Your welcome. Hope it helps.

very kind people!

Always happy to help :)

All faults cleared with new battery - thanks.

I notice broadband/internet disappears for about 10 minutes after alarm is set each time?

I had an idea it was a CS450 or a CD 72.
    Glad you got it sorted.
    Is there a dialler on this system?.
    It will be possibly a second board behind the main PCB.

I had an idea it was a CS450 or a CD 72.
    Glad you got it sorted.
    Is there a dialler on this system?.
    It will be possibly a second board behind the main PCB.

I didn't think to check model but you were obviously spot on. It must have a dialler as it used to be connected to a monitoring station .

If you want to solve the problem with your broadband find the dialler and disconnect the phone line. It will be marked abba or abcd.
    Join a to a b to b or join a to c and b to d.

• Advertisement

All faults cleared with new battery - thanks.

I notice broadband/internet disappears for about 10 minutes after alarm is set each time?

The reason for this is no filter is fitted.
    Disconnecting the line from the line from the alarm will solve the issue.

If the panel is wired correctly with line seizure. (as it should be) Disconnecting the cables will leave you phone line dead. You will need to join through the cables at the panel as I listed above.

Advertisement