Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card Request

Options
  • 16-04-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi just wondering what is the best graphics card for €250
    I can buy second hand from adverts or CEX etc... If that way is best value for money.
    I am looking to get best bang for buck. I play Battlefield 4 online and GTA V. I can get Battlefield 4 to play 60 fps on my current card but GTA V all I get is 30 fps. I game on a Samsung 1080p monitor. My current card is a GTX 580. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

R9 280X is about €200
    GTX 960 about €180-190

Both can be gotten new for under €250

R9 290 for €280 on adverts either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/sapphire-radeon-r9-290-4gb-tri-x-oc-video-card/7734691

How is that card above? Which geforce card would that compare to?
    Is that a R9 290x or just a R9 290 the tri X is confusing. I don't know anything about Radeon cards I was always a Nvidia man but funds won't allow that anymore.

Haven't a clue off the top of my head, try gpuboss.com against a 780 or similar. I'm on mobile so it'll take me a while

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Cool will try that site, never heard of it before.

They're very biased towards nVidia and Intel so take it with a pinch of salt.

They usually don't announce a winner when an AMD card wins over an nVidia one :pac:

Just compare the gaming benchmarks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CEX sell the R9 280X for 195 with 12 month warranty. So it's as good as buying new.

Advertisement