Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support for Recognition of Kathleen Londsdale in Newbridge and County Kildare

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I presume you already know this, but RTÉ featured Kathleen in a wonderful series last year called Deirfiúracha na hEolaíochta (Sisters of Science). It may be worth trying to get a copy of the programme if you are having any difficulty persuading interested parties of the value of her work and how her life story could be transformed into something of public interest.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/sistersofscience.html

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Cheers not a bad idea. I've seen the show myself but never thought of asking RTE for a copy. Is there any specific way of going about asking for a copy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

She's also on a poster / display in National Wax Museum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Cheers not a bad idea. I've seen the show myself but never thought of asking RTE for a copy. Is there any specific way of going about asking for a copy ?

I'm not sure of the procedure. A good place to start might be to contact the director of the series. His name is Cathal Ó Cuaig. Have a google for contact details.

Good luck.

Advertisement