Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€38K for falling over after 10 pints

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

That football club recklessly club let their pothole attack a defenceless lady. Shame on them.

€38k is no where near enough for her trauma and suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You have to wonder how do people like that keep a straight face when bringing this to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'd need ten pints to fall into her.

c_man wrote: »
    You have to wonder how do people like that keep a straight face when bringing this to court.

I'm practicing my straight face right now, while horsing ten pints into me.

Look out justice here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

She looks like a typical inbred knacker pile of sh*t thats living of claims and the dole.

Piece of sh*t scumbucket will just drink the 38k, her and her no doubt fat pile of shít husband...

Banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I hope the €38,000 makes up for what her local community now think of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Off to the pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

lazza14 wrote: »
    She looks like a typical inbred knacker pile of sh*t thats living of claims and the dole.

Piece of sh*t scumbucket will just drink the 38k, her and her no doubt fat pile of shít husband...

I'm practicing my straight face right now, while horsing ten pints into me.

Look out justice here I come!

Yeah, after the pub and city council, you'll probably be suing me next :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Jaysus Im drinking in the wrong places I should be a Millionaire by now

So eh, I'm guessing you don't like her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'd need ten pints to fall into her.

You must have the most effective set of beer goggles in the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wow.

But you're probably right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Are I reading this bit right

David Dodd, counsel for the club, told the court that Ms Duffy’s legal team had consented to the defence being amended to include a claim of alleged contributory negligence on the grounds of the number of pints consumed on the night.

The club said "Well you've had 10 pints"
    And she said "Amend my defence to include the pub served me too much?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Tell us how you really feel :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Looks like ten pints would hardly register on her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Is suing the Council/supermarket/club the main source of income for the majority of dublin females? Must be high up the list anyway,probably relegates fishmonger wife to number two.

Ah now, in fairness Onslo was a decent sort. He kept to himself and his cans and as I recall never engaged in needless litigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

crockholm wrote: »
    Is suing the Council/supermarket/club the main source of income for the majority of dublin females? Must be high up the list anyway,probably relegates fishmonger wife to number two.

Nothing makes the hair stand up on your neck like a person that has a history of "accidental falls" strolling into your premises.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Hang on are we not told it's safer drinking the expensive alcohol in pubs clubs and all that you know for health and all that ? Think I Remember a group lobbying on that recently just cant remember what group. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

c_man wrote: »
    Ah now, in fairness Onslo was a decent sort. He kept to himself and his cans and as I recall never engaged in needless litigation.

Onslo's "twin stranger".:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Banned

Holy sh*t :eek:

Come down off that fence and tell us what you really think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Reminds me of a hole in the footpath in knocknaheeney in cork where 5 members of the same family fell into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Looks like ten pints would hardly register on her tbh.

It would be like putting €10 of diesel into the landcruiser, would only put out the diesel light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

bjork wrote: »
    She fell over after drinking 10 pints.

Very handy she is not a member of the club, even thought her husband is a prominent member and there is an unsigned application for her and the club are under the impression she is

Settled in the break for €38,000

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/housewife-who-drank-ten-pints-and-broke-ankle-after-falling-in-pothole-settles-38k-damages-claim-31148118.html

Do I sniff a scam ?

Jesus I should be a billionaire by now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

If I were to be given 38k for every time i'd fallen over after drinking ten pints the IMF would be needing a feckin bailout..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Settled in the break for €38,000
    That's not what the article says. It says she brought a claim of €38,000, and that they then settled for an undisclosed amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Knasher wrote: »
    That's not what the article says. It says she brought a claim of €38,000, and that they then settled for an undisclosed amount.

38 K(egs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Are I reading this bit right

David Dodd, counsel for the club, told the court that Ms Duffy’s legal team had consented to the defence being amended to include a claim of alleged contributory negligence on the grounds of the number of pints consumed on the night.

The club said "Well you've had 10 pints"
    And she said "Amend my defence to include the pub served me too much?"
    No, it means that she accepted that her consumption of 10 points contributed to the accident. She accepted that she was negligent also.

Advertisement