Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€38K for falling over after 10 pints

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 heavydemon

I know her and shes a weapon. Her husband is a gentleman though ive never met anyone who didn't like him. I'll try and find out how much money she got and let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

heavydemon wrote: »
    I know her and shes a weapon.

Sounded loaded as well, going by the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

I'll try and find out how much money she got and let you know
    Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Her husband is a gentleman though ive never met anyone who didn't like him.

Well, there will likely be a few who do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Where are the nightmares. These victims always have nightmares of their ordeal. She passes a pothole on the road and starts crying or has dreams of potholes swallowing her up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

30 pieces of silver

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

10 pints of ready mix would have filled the pothole, a stitch in time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

People who get bladdered and fall over should be fined a minimum of €10000 for fraud and wasting the courts time. Maybe a few weeks in a state sponsored hotel as well. I hate nothing more than people who fall on their arse and then demand tens of thousands of Euro for an owie. Scum. If someone is seriously hurt due to no fault of his own, he deserves compensation, but arseholes getting drunk and wanting a payout for falling on their arse should be made to pay.
    The problem in this country is that judges seem to be getting a cut off the payout, so it pays them to award stupid amounts of money for papercuts.
    Look at any other country, we're paying out what they pay with an extra 0 at the end.
    I'd say again, there has to be a racket and money being stuffed in back pockets and who gets to decide how much gets paid out? The judges. I'd have a good look through their pockets for brown envelopes. Because they like to hide behind not being accountable so have probably gotten used to the idea they can do what they want, no matter how insane or daft.

Obviously don't know the ins and outs of the case, only that article but it's mad to think that a family that heavily associated with a community sports club in their area (and a lot of football clubs are easily as embedded into the local community as other codes) that you'd sour that all for a relatively small amount of money, as in relatively small weighed against the consequences of a lifetime of having to life in the area.

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    10 pints of ready mix would have filled the pothole, a stitch in time.

roadstone were doin a deal last week, tenth pint free, too late now

• Advertisement

anncoates wrote: »
    I'm sure the club's premiums will plummet after the payout.

Let's limit this to a short exchange, by the way. You seem to have lots of threads in which to go all interminable attack dog.

Says poster who has racked up almost twice the posts in half the time. But post away about me if you find it impossible to defend your point.

But it was hysterical nonsense mind you.

Claims preventing sports facilities being built for communities...:) :)

Says poster who has racked up almost twice the posts in half the time. But post away about me if you find it impossible to defend your point.

sprechen sie english?

ich nicht...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Looking at her I hear Marjorie Dawes telling her "Dust, my darling. Eat dust".

The problem in this country is that judges seem to be getting a cut off the payout, so it pays them to award stupid amounts of money for papercuts.

Ha! What's their percentage?

Folks, could we ever stop the ravings and return to Planet Earth?

We don't know that this woman got a payout at all. If she did, the a Judge had nothing whatsoever to do with it, as it settled.

dust

anybody?

dust?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Claims by arseholes drive up premiums to very high levels, that money comes from the club. An insurance company is not a money fairy that shows up with sacks of cash, they will jack up the premium if there's a claim, let alone several. Who pays for those premiums? No, it's not the money fairy. Unless you are a new-born kitten you should possess this knowledge. I can't believe I even had to explain that to you.

sprechen sie english?

ich nicht...

Oh I understand English.

And the law of negligence. And how claims are processed. And how insurance companies work.

It's an advantage on this thread. It beats the whole "she's fat and ugly, the Judge took his cut, they were going to build sports facilities for poor people" approach anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Zec

She reminds me of Treebeard from Lord of the Rings who is said to live in the ancient Forest of Fangorn and stands fourteen feet (4 m) in height and is tree-like in appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Oh I understand English.

And the law of negligence. And how claims are processed. And how insurance companies work.

It's an advantage on this thread. It beats the whole "she's fat and ugly, the Judge took his cut, they were going to build sports facilities for poor people" approach anyway!

Damn poor people and their sporting facilities. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Tails142

I don't know if its already been said in the thread cause I couldn't be arsed reading but to me the story reads that she was claiming for €38,000 in damages but the case was settled for probably a much smaller amount.

Sounds like the judge was about to decide that she was a member of the club and couldn't sue herself so they went out to make a deal, probably the club covered her legal costs and they left it at that. The amounts settled are rarely revealed.

• Advertisement

Oh I understand English.

what would you reckon someone should sue their employer for, in a work related accident where the employee inhaled 12 hours worth of glass powder, ball park figure

ty

It's an amateur sports club. This will ultimately affect them financially and impact their provision of sporting facilities (facility in the broad sense) to the community surely.

I understand that you're more than willing (foe whatever reason) to debate the minutiae of this fairly simple point until the cows come home but just don't expect much cooperation.

anncoates wrote: »
    I understand that you're more than willing (foe whatever reason) to debate the minutiae of this fairly simple point until the cows come home but just don't expect much cooperation.

Is that the second or third time you've responded with a "but don't expect me to engage any further".

Oh if we had a euro for every time you didn't stick to your word...we'd have a teeny tiny sports facility for poor people...

Is that the second or third time you've responded with a "but don't expect me to engage any further".

Oh if we had a euro for every time you didn't stick to your word...we'd have a teeny tiny sports facility for poor people...

Is it cold under the bridge tonight?

ya it figures

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Brendan Gleeson in a wig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I know her. I have it on good authority she got €1200 in the end :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

We don't know what the terms of the settlement were, she claimed 38k in her suit which is the maximum amount in the court. She may not have got anywhere near that In the negotiations If she was faced with payment for the defendant legal costs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

I know her. I have it on good authority she got €1200 in the end :mad:

€1200 you would spend that on a good friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lazza14 wrote: »
    She looks like a typical inbred knacker pile of sh*t thats living of claims and the dole.

Piece of sh*t scumbucket will just drink the 38k, her and her no doubt fat pile of shít husband...

Banned

Deserves post of the day, without the add on at the end though

Advertisement