Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€38K for falling over after 10 pints

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

http://i.imgur.com/RbDi6d5.jpg

ain't nobody can convince me that's not a man in drag wearing a wig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I know her. I have it on good authority she got €1200 in the end :mad:

€1,200 divided by €4 a pint = 300 pints, divided by 10 pints a day = 30 days

That's May sorted then. Must be a relief to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

lazza14 wrote: »
    She looks like a typical inbred knacker pile of sh*t thats living of claims and the dole.

Piece of sh*t scumbucket will just drink the 38k, her and her no doubt fat pile of shít husband...

Banned

This is one of the all time great responses. I had a genuine belly laugh on reading it. It was good in the first line, but bettered still with the inclusion of the husband. Hilarious:)

This is one of the all time great responses. I had a genuine belly laugh on reading it. It was good in the first line, but bettered still with the inclusion of the husband. Hilarious:)

Ah it wasn't that good, it was just vulgar abuse.

I mean saying a woman is a "fat piece of sxxx" or whatever isn't exactly Wildean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

http://i.imgur.com/RbDi6d5.jpg

ain't nobody can convince me that's not a man in drag wearing a wig.

I would say Divine, but no, Divine is much nicer:

pd1965108.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Ah it wasn't that good, it was just vulgar abuse.

I mean saying a woman is a "fat piece of sxxx" or whatever isn't exactly Wildean.

It was the vitriolic rise in the second that compounded its symphonic excellence of course! You wouldn't see the like from Haydn, Mahler or Verdi:)

You're bringing all kinds of serious to the table I see. Fire away then.

It was the vitriolic rise in the second that compounded its symphonic excellence of course! You wouldn't see the like from Haydn, Mahler or Verdi:)

You're bringing all kinds of serious to the table I see. Fire away then.

Not at all.

Mildly objecting to lines of the "yer wan is a fat fxxxxx cxxx" variety isn't being that serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

10 pints?......Of chips by the hack of her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    10 pints?......Of chips by the hack of her.

Ah here, that's a terrible thing to say about Chris Farley In A Wig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Tell me, could you possibly be the same Albert Gladstone Trotter who, in 1946, fell down the cellar of the Victory Inn, Portsmouth, and received one hundred pounds compensation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

She looks like a typical inbred knacker pile of sh*t thats living of claims and the dole.

Piece of sh*t scumbucket will just drink the 38k, her and her no doubt fat pile of shít husband...

Banned

Best post in ages. Just said what we are all thinking. Hahahaha quite hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

No need for the lookism here, but I really don't understand people. Firstly anybody who is 10 pints drunk has to be responsible for that unless the floor collapses or something. Secondly if the husband is such a stalwart of the club, if they use it so much, how can they possibly get any joy from the 38K. I mean surely they are not welcome no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

She looks a bit like jabba the hutt in a dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I thought jabba the hutt was the little alien guy who talked funny for a long time.

Star Wars sucks anyways!

As for all the negativity regarding this lady's looks, I mean it's just being mean, really, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

catallus wrote: »
    As for all the negativity regarding this lady's looks, I mean it's just being mean, really, isn't it?

To be honest, you can tell a lot about someone from how they look. Its prejudicial, but its often a good rule to abide by.

Like before I clicked the article I said to myself "I bet she's really overweight and looks like her face melted"... and what do you know.

catallus wrote: »
    I thought jabba the hutt was the little alien guy who talked funny for a long time.

Star Wars sucks anyways!

First of all, You take that back! :P
    Second: Yes. Yes it is. Someone who gets off their face, falls over due to their own stupidity and then wants €38k from a local sportsclub doesn't warrant anything positive said about them, other than I hope next time they break their neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Tails142 wrote: »
    I don't know if its already been said in the thread cause I couldn't be arsed reading but to me the story reads that she was claiming for €38,000 in damages but the case was settled for probably a much smaller amount.

Sounds like the judge was about to decide that she was a member of the club and couldn't sue herself so they went out to make a deal, probably the club covered her legal costs and they left it at that. The amounts settled are rarely revealed.

But why settle, I'm assuming if the judge was going to say she couldn't sue herself then the case would have been thrown out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I would love to see them go back there now.

Deserve all the abuse they hopefully get from their neighbours and those in their locality.

She's from the estate beside my inlaws. I'll keep an eye out for her and help her avoid any potholes in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Oh this thread is hilarious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Hococop wrote: »
    But why settle, I'm assuming if the judge was going to say she couldn't sue herself then the case would have been thrown out?

Well apparently she was disputing the membership claim. Her husband was a member, but she wasn't. So she claimed. The club decided probably that there may be some small chance of her making that claim stick, but not much. Or maybe she settled for 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 heavydemon

As somone posted earlier she only gets 1200. The club were hit with a 5k bill but 3800 was for the legal fees.

heavydemon wrote: »
    As somone posted earlier she only gets 1200. The club were hit with a 5k bill but 3800 was for the legal fees.

But still, it encourages people. It means that at worst you will get a small settlement, but in reality you can just keep trying it on until one of them crumbles and pays you whatever stupid money you asked of them.
    People who bring lawsuits like that should be hit for all costs if they're unsuccessful. Plus the possibility of being hit with penalties and criminal charges of perjury.
    The fact that in Ireland fielding frivolous law-suits is a win-win situation and the payouts are beyond stupid, only encourages this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The husband sounds like a decent chap and a dedicated club member.

If he is not forced out he will have to leave as next time himself and that wagon of a wife go on holidays that's club money they are spending. No way can he return

Losing lifetime membership of a club and the wrath of the community isnt worth 1200 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

Banned

Jesus 73 thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

hqdefault.jpg

Seems like she's moonlighting in RTE in her spare time, fair play to her for dying her hair a Dutch Gold colour for her big day in court!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

That football club recklessly club let their pothole attack a defenceless lady. Shame on them.

€38k is no where near enough for her trauma and suffering.
    In the UK if you draw a penis around potholes the council come and fix them. :)

http://www.boredpanda.com/wanksy-penis-pothole-graffiti-manchester-england/

Very sorry about the lady falling over. And any financial hardship caused to that groups of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sublimemike

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The husband sounds like a decent chap and a dedicated club member.

If he is not forced out he will have to leave as next time himself and that wagon of a wife go on holidays that's club money they are spending. No way can he return

Losing lifetime membership of a club and the wrath of the community isnt worth 1200 euro

This.

That said I doubt she went through with the claim without her husband'#s blessing so he probably wanted out anyway. Probably thieving club funds for years too if that's his attitude.

Whatever about opinions on the woman and how awful it was to have recourse to the courts, slamming her husband really shows just how nasty people can be.

And they keep coming.
    Kid unsupervised, breaks into building site scales 8 FOOT FENCE and falls of a scaffold.
    Is he done for breaking and entering and causing criminal damage? No, he gats a pat on the head, €25k and a lollipop. I'm sure the same "unfortunate" accident will befall him again in the near future:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/boy-injured-in-scaffolding-fall-awarded-25-000-damages-1.2200584

Judge must have gotten a cut there.
    And here:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/limerick-widow-injured-by-exploding-lemonade-settles-lawsuit-1-6700392?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_text&obref=obinsite

A lemonade bottle fell, burst it's top and spun around a bit, hitting off a woman's ankle. She did what any honest person would do and that is to fall to the floor, writhing in pain and screaming "AAAAAHHHH!!!!!! MY LEG!!!!!! I THINK IT GOT TORN OFF!!!! THE PAAAIIIINNNN!".

How do people get money for sh*t like this? How much more transparently fraudulent can you get? How much stupider and clumsy do you have to get before you are being told to go away and stop being a pest?
    I keep saying it, you can try and try and try with one fraudulent lawsuit after another, no penalty awaits. The worst is you lose and if you hired the right shyster (no win, no fee), you can keep at it until one of your cock and bull stories stick and you get a ball of money. Why the fcuk do I bother to be honest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

€25,000 for being a bad parent

Nice work if you can get it!

Advertisement